A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
so basically a martial arts movie masquerading as a super hero flick... cool.

Let's pretend they didn't have a chance with Dr. Strange but then again Asians themselves been casting the likes of Matt Damon as protagonists in their own stories :mjlol:

Now that they seen nikkaz not scared to lead they wanna follow. It's funny how most of these minorities like to let nikkaz do all the footwork as far as breaking the white walls down in society and then they come running in behind without as much as a thank you...
chuuch

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
it’s too bad Jackie, Jet, and Donnie are older cats. Role would’ve been perfect for any of them. :mjcry:

fukk it, Donnie still doing fu flicks. Give him the role. :blessed:

Donnie was the first one who came to mind too.

They made SLJ 30 years younger for his movie....Donnie's still got the juice. :wow:

watch they cast that hapa from crazy rich asians, Henry Golding as Shang-Chi instead of asian actor with legit martial arts skills
The character is hapa in the comics too, right?

If they do this. :francis:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Donnie was the first one who came to mind too.

They made SLJ 30 years younger for his movie....Donnie's still got the juice. :wow:

The character is hapa in the comics too, right?

If they do this. :francis:

I think they might skip the hapa stuff from the comics, wouldn't go well with the chinese audiences.:russ:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
First marvel L calling it now
Yeah because big budget martial arts films always flop. :mjlol:

This is guaranteed to be smash hit overseas. and martial arts film are very crossover friendly demographically in the us. Black folks enjoy them as much as white folks.

Plus it has the marvel marketing push. This film will probably do at least a billy.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

This is guaranteed to be smash hit overseas. and martial arts film are very crossover friendly demographically in the us. Black folks enjoy them as much as white folks.

Plus it has the marvel marketing push. This film will probably do at least a billy.
I know the haters like to say every marvel movie is due to flop (and law of averages they’ll be right eventually) but this of all movies is definitely not the one :mjlol: the international bank is about to be :marvelmoney:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic

So name these blockbusters martial arts films. This is a c list fake bruce lee marvel character. Itll have to be a straight spectacle to work here. It could do fine in asia and prolly do ok here. But a billy? This aint the asian black panther. For as much as people felt suprised BP did a billy, BP is a top 10-20 marvel hero all time.

This guy is not. Straight up the movie NOONE asked for. Guardians worked because of the characters/cosmic backstory we all wanted to see. Every marvel character thus far in film is waaaaaaY more popular than shangi chi. Couldnt make iron fist work but think they will with this.

Rather of had a heros for hire flick.

And just to say. Im a marvel stan. fukk a dc. I like every mcu movie.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I know the haters like to say every marvel movie is due to flop (and law of averages they’ll be right eventually) but this of all movies is definitely not the one :mjlol: the international bank is about to be :marvelmoney:
Every single time Marvel announces something

'This will be Marvel's first L'

Like clockwork, it never fails :russ:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So name these blockbusters martial arts films. This is a c list fake bruce lee marvel character. Itll have to be a straight spectacle to work here. It could do fine in asia and prolly do ok here. But a billy? This aint the asian black panther. For as much as people felt suprised BP did a billy, BP is a top 10-20 marvel hero all time.

This guy is not. Straight up the movie NOONE asked for. Guardians worked because of the characters/cosmic backstory we all wanted to see. Every marvel character thus far in film is waaaaaaY more popular than shangi chi. Couldnt make iron fist work but think they will with this.

What % of moviegoers are actual marvel fans though? And won't the hard-core fans show up to all the flicks anyway?

I don't know anyone who was begging for ant man, doctor strange, black widow, scarlet witch, vision, the guardians of the galaxy, or that guy who shoots arrows were until the movies dropped. Hell, Captain Marvel just did a billy and EVERYONE I knew was like, "what :dahell: is a Captain Marvel?" I ain't saying those people don't exist, but they gotta be a tiny percentage of the crowd.

You really think people who were deeply waiting for marvel to make a movie with the Captain Marvel character are the ones who made that billion happen?

I know a lot of Asian-Americans and they are desperate for their superhero movie to come out. Some of them were even claiming Black Panther cause they identified with the colonial/rootless narrative. But a lot of them really really want an Asian-American storyline.

Marvel doesn't need to appease the comic book fanboys to make huge money. They just need to make a story that resonates with an asian/asian-american audience, and has piff fight scenes. Those two things alone will be enough for it to be a mad blockbuster.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I knew much more about shang chi than i knew about guardians. I was a big bruce lee fan as a kid and his character basically let me see imagine bruce lee fighting with iron fist or wolverine. You can't tell me i'm the only person who would love to see enter the dragon but remade with a marvel characters.