Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it all appears mid because at this point there is no connective tissue… no “end game level event.

Phase One was special because it all led to The Avengers.

Phase 2 was a mixed bag starting with two of the most hated mcu films (IM3 and Thor 2), but it also had 2 classics (GOTG, Winter Soldier). But you still had Infinity War in the fold and you watched everything because you knew it was all connected.

Basically, Marvel can’t recreate that anymore. While everything is still connected, End Game was truly and end to an era.

It would’ve been :wow: to have Iron Man around for this movie tho :wow:

No doubt, you'll never see anything like that again.

These post endgame joints do not look interesting at all so far.

WHERE ARE THE fukkIN MUTANTS

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
how about just bring the fukkin Mandarin into the fold instead of that cornball shyt they did in IM3.

I'll bootleg this joint, it definitely looks mid as fukk. Same with Black Widow (esp since she died in Endgame).

Strange 2 is the only joint on my list right now.

U not looking forward to fantastic four, thor 4, GoTG 3?

Thor 4 has Russell Crow (Zeus), Bale, Toothgrinder and Toothgnasher, possibly Beta-Ray Bill or other Thors ..

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
A lot of the first movies are mid so im not expecting a classic but Black Widow looks decent. Eternals looks good.

I don't know about Doc Strange. They had directors change that usually hurts the film

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
A lot of the first movies are mid so im not expecting a classic but Black Widow looks decent. Eternals looks good.

I don't know about Doc Strange. They had directors change that usually hurts the film

Strange went from crappy Derrickson

zPMYFjX.png

to the great Raimi

FEe8zRj.png

:wow:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't like Awkwafina. First off fukk that name second she got an ugly ass mouth and an annoying voice.

This movie looks really mid. Disney is clearly catering to the Chinese audience and we saw what happened with Mulan. I'm not excited about this at all.

They should've done a Jimmy Woo movie or some other Asian character. Every super hero fights it's everything around that that matters

lol What other major Asian character they have( that's not an X-man)? Amadeus Cho? Jimmy Woo? When you have all these other superpowered titans fighting it out, the one Asian character you give a solo film too is a human lame?

Making these films has exposed how the comic book industry has fell short when it comes to minority characters. They're better off creating new characters from scratch now.

Also, China will see Shang Chi mostly because it's Marvel related. They don't really care about Asian representation because they have plenty of that with their own films. That's why Mulan bombed because it was Hollywood trying to sell ice cubes to penguins basically. Why go see Hollywood attempt a wuxia film when we have done that a million times already and better? They better worry more about the domestic Asian American audience.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
lol What other major Asian character they have( that's not an X-man)? Amadeus Cho? Jimmy Woo? When you have all these other superpowered titans fighting it out, the one Asian character you give a solo film too is a human lame?

Making these films has exposed how the comic book industry has fell short when it comes to minority characters. They're better off creating new characters from scratch now.

Also, China will see Shang Chi mostly because it's Marvel related. They don't really care about Asian representation because they have plenty of that with their own films. That's why Mulan bombed because it was Hollywood trying to sell ice cubes to penguins basically. Why go see Hollywood attempt a wuxia film when we have done that a million times already and better? They better worry more about the domestic Asian American audience.
Agents of Atlas is a pretty dope concept. Jimmy Woo gets busy.

But you right about the lack of Asian characters outside of the X-Men :patrice:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

:ehh: been saying that from time (without using that term "minority" tho).

that dearth of front-row heroes is why they made sub-mariner hispanic.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I mean they kinda had to make this.

between the iron man 3 mandarin debacle, and the trash that was iron fist, and making the ancient one a middle aged white woman…. This was long overdue :manny:
Yeah, they literally been color swapping all the asian characters for the last 10 years

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Strange went from crappy Derrickson

zPMYFjX.png

to the great Raimi

FEe8zRj.png

:wow:

Yea…… remember Avengers went from Whedon to Russo’s

Captain America went from Joe Johnston to Russo’s

Thor went from Alan Taylor to Taiki

How exactly has a director change hurt Marvel so far?:heh: