Reppin
Dat Wimby ball dress. :noah:
tumblr_nrecu0Pc9Y1s5lshxo2_250.gif
E8ORIda.jpg

THE CHAMP IS HERE :damn:

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin

Gulliest moment in Olympic history ever. bytched c-walked after winning a gold medal. Who does that?:heh:

I don't think we realize how gully this is...

She beat Sharapova 6-0 6-1 :scust: in the Gold Medal game.

Then c-walked. At the Olympics. ON CENTRE COURT AT WIMBLEDON.

Top 10 sports "make em mad" moment easily.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
She got her at the US Open and Wimbledon too which is when I was starting to worry about Serena. I still don't know what happened to Henin....even though Serena was going to end up on top anyways, Henin just seemed to lose all her skill over night.
A lot of people think Henin was on PEDS and that she was forced to retire after a failed test that was never made public....could just be baseless assumption but as you said, she up and retired out of NOWHERE.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
THE GOAT female athlete:blessed::blessed::blessed:

man i just came for my dap. sad most americans cant be proud for serena though

they just started to recognize her greatness her post revival, she gets way more appreciation for her skills/accomplishments overseas and not just her celebrity......Americans in general could give to shyts about the sport, was just talking to some of my co workers about how this is the goat era of mens tennis they couldn't not name not one name besides the williams sister and some of the old school cats.......but yeah most people just focus on her looks:snoop:

Last edited:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Props to Serena

was thinking about the whole "man" statements i see on FB.
The reason they say our beautiful sister Serena Williams looks like a man is because when they look at her they see the seed and offspring of her brilliant Black father and they are reminded that the Black man is now and has always been the source of all life and excellence. They are afraid...

What they see when they see her and her sister is their greatest fear that somewhere in the world right now a Black man is rearing and training his children to grow and master a discipline that is currently occupied by a white person. She doesn't have the body of a man. No, she is the beautiful fruit of a Black man's body of knowledge, wisdom and understanding of how to produce children of consequence and importance. David in Psalms 82:6 said it best "you are all gods, children of the Most High God."

So our brother Richard Williams produced goddesses in his daughters and they reflect his brilliance and courage. We thank God for him and the lasting impact on the world that his seed has produced.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of people think Henin was on PEDS and that she was forced to retire after a failed test that was never made public....could just be baseless assumption but as you said, she up and retired out of NOWHERE.
Really, where you hear this from?

Hingis's positive coke test was only made public cause she admitted to it

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Props to Serena

was thinking about the whole "man" statements i see on FB.
The reason they say our beautiful sister Serena Williams looks like a man is because when they look at her they see the seed and offspring of her brilliant Black father and they are reminded that the Black man is now and has always been the source of all life and excellence. They are afraid...

What they see when they see her and her sister is their greatest fear that somewhere in the world right now a Black man is rearing and training his children to grow and master a discipline that is currently occupied by a white person. She doesn't have the body of a man. No, she is the beautiful fruit of a Black man's body of knowledge, wisdom and understanding of how to produce children of consequence and importance. David in Psalms 82:6 said it best "you are all gods, children of the Most High God."

So our brother Richard Williams produced goddesses in his daughters and they reflect his brilliance and courage. We thank God for him and the lasting impact on the world that his seed has produced.
:steviej:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Really, where you hear this from?

Hingis's positive coke test was only made public cause she admitted to it
Like I said, it was only ever rumored. I heard it speculated by other people on various tennis forums throughout the net over the years.

However, there were rumors and such as early as 2003 : http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/12/sports/12iht-arena_ed3_.html

So much for the festive homecoming, and what made it even less festive was that one of the sources of the comments that formed enough critical mass to trigger the doping question was Leo Clijsters, the father of Henin-Hardenne's once-friendly rival Kim Clijsters, whom Henin-Hardenne beat in straight sets in the French Open and U.S. Open finals.

Leo Clijsters did not use the "d" word. In fact, he didn't come close, but he did call wide-eyed attention to Henin-Hardenne's stronger physique this season in comments to another Belgian newspaper, Het Laatste Nieuws, that were translated from Flemish to French and reprinted by Le Soir: "You want me to tell you why Justine is beating Kim regularly?" he said. "Because her muscle mass has doubled and she now has an arm like Serena's. Technically, she was already superior. This strength is the big difference, not what's going on in her head or in Kim's head."

A former French Open semifinalist, Filip Dewulf, now a journalist, took it further on Belgian radio, making reference to Henin-Hardenne's decision to train during the off-season in Florida with Pat Etcheberry.

"In the United States, they are less concerned about nutritional supplements," he said. "I can obviously prove nothing, but I see very clearly that the muscle mass in Justine's legs seems to have doubled. In my time I also lifted weights, but in my case there was never the same development."

Wim Vandeven, who is the physical trainer for the Belgian player Els Callens, took it the furthest, comparing Henin-Hardenne's slender body type to the former Belgian player Dominique Van Roost. "In one year, Justine made progress that Van Roost, in her time, needed three to five years to make. And she also had a well-respected physical trainer."

"Etcheberry must have discovered a secret," he said. "She must also have a good medical surveillance. But I'm not close enough to her to say more. Yes, I have a slight doubt when I see her development, but to be honest, I prefer to keep it to myself."

Here's an article, post-retirement that specifically talks about Henin and how suspicious early retirements are (Although, to be fair, I think this writer is more lamenting the fact that he has grown so cynical than he is accusing anyone of anything) : http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...sional-sports-international-tennis-federation

This doesn't make me particularly proud, but the first thing I thought of when 25-year-old tennis star Justine Henin announced her retirement Wednesday was "failed drug test."

That is completely unfair to Henin, a winner of seven Grand Slam titles and a woman with a seemingly spotless record. But it's the world we live in, or at least the world I live in, a world in which dark clouds are hovering constantly. It's a world of Marion Jones and Roger Clemens. It's a strange world.

[...]

So when someone of Henin's stature suddenly announces she's hanging up her racket, or whatever tennis players do when they retire, evil thoughts start gathering. Eyebrows are raised. She says she lost her passion for the game? At 25? Hmmmm.

Upon hearing the Henin news, I immediately thought of Martina Hingis, who announced at her retirement news conference last year that she had been accused of testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon. She angrily denied the accusations, but the International Tennis Federation eventually banned her for two years anyway.

Again, there is zero in Henin's record that suggests anything untoward. If she was using steroids, she was using the wrong ones. She's 5 feet 6 inches and 126 pounds. But the cloud that hangs over sports these days whispers a cynical "uh-huh, sure" in response.

[...]

(The first thought of a friend of mine, after hearing about Henin's retirement, was that perhaps she was about to be indicted for something or other. It oddly made me feel good for not being the only one with dark thoughts. Then again, he's a sportswriter too.)

[...]

(Another sportswriter friend of mine said his first reaction to the news that Henin had retired was "Who is Justine Henin?" Poor, struggling tennis.)

I hope she really is just retiring for retirement's sake. It might start a trend.

You can find more speculation and such if you search around a bit....it was specifically a big topic of discussion back in 08/09.

It doesn't help that, regardless of PEDS, she was already a known cheater, see the French Open incident.