Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Ladies, how frequently do you purge items from your closet?

I just finished moving and as my friend and I were hanging up clothes in my (now considerably smaller) closet, I chucked a good pile in the goodwill/giveaway box. I was thinking out loud that I needed to have done that long time ago, and that I don't purge or utilize enough of my closet. My friend then told me she never purges her closet, she still keeps things from high school. She's a good dresser too.

:wtf: How is this possible? And how do you make room for new items while still keeping everything organized and accessible?
2-3 times a year I'll donate to Goodwill; I generally update my wardrobe with a few pieces every season. If I notice that I haven't worn something in a while, I'll donate it.

I was in high school 13 years ago; my style has completely changed.

I have a walk-in closet; I have things organized by season and color. My shoes are organized by style and color in clear plastic bins.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You can't hang everything in the closet. If you can fold it then put them in the dresser our storage bins.
I fold my tshirts, sleep clothes, bum wear and work out clothes. Work clothes take up a section and casual clothes take up another. I have no room for party/special occasion clothes though!

I do it at least once per season. But I have a shopping problem.....:hamster:
I'm saying tho, my friend is ALWAYS shopping, I don't know how she can keep a mental rolodex of all of her clothes and still make physical room for them. If my clothes are stashed somewhere out of sight, I'll forget about them and not wear them.

I was in high school 13 years ago; my style has completely changed.

I have a walk-in closet; I have things organized by season and color. My shoes are organized by style and color in clear plastic bins.
Ha, you are about as old as me then :smile:
If you store things by season and color, do you stash your off season clothes in another location or do all of them fit in the walk-in? I'm going to take a pic of the closet tonight and have you critique it.

Rusty Kuntz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!

If you store things by season and color, do you stash your off season clothes in another location or do all of them fit in the walk-in? I'm going to take a pic of the closet tonight and have you critique it.
Yeah, I'm getting up there LOL

They all fit in my walk-in... I have a small dresser in there for my foldable items.

Rusty Kuntz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!

Yeah, I'm getting up there (I'm 32) LOL

They all fit in my walk-in... I have a small dresser in there for my foldable items.

RandomRN86

Upside down...newds accepted
Daps
Reppin
In GODs hands
Shopping....:noah: men will never understand the joy it brings. I'm satisfied, side note-I'm still packing for myy flight at the end of the week-all bikinis and dresses :blessed:

Why are people rude to nail salon techs? Bitc-, she's gonna give you fungus...

Libra Lady

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On the Edge of Glory
Ladies, how frequently do you purge items from your closet?

I just finished moving and as my friend and I were hanging up clothes in my (now considerably smaller) closet, I chucked a good pile in the goodwill/giveaway box. I was thinking out loud that I needed to have done that long time ago, and that I don't purge or utilize enough of my closet. My friend then told me she never purges her closet, she still keeps things from high school. She's a good dresser too.

:wtf: How is this possible? And how do you make room for new items while still keeping everything organized and accessible?

I also recently moved to a place with a smaller area to store my clothes. I tend to let go of a item(s), if I haven't worn it for quite some time or if I am bringing in a piece that can replace said item.

This is the thing for me, I realized over the years that I need to be able to see exactly what I own. Doing that helps me to 'let go' of what no longer fits into my lifestyle, and it helps me to stop buying things just because they are pretty. I won't front, if I like something enough even if doesn't fit neatly into my style or whatever, I will buy it but overall I am trying to make the dollars I spend on my clothes work just as hard as I did to get the money ie- can this dress go from Summer to Fall if I pair it with leggings?, will this blazer look just as good with jeans as it does with it's matching skirt?, et cetera.

Currently I have done my usual of folding my t-shirts, jeans and lightweight sweaters- everything else is hung up. I have two clear 3 drawer towers that house the majority of my undergarments, the rest are in 'Live Love Laugh' hat boxes that I got from TJ Maxx a few years back. I have also been using 3M hooks to hang up some of my scarves, hats and whatnot.

So overall I would just say that staying organized for me, is all about being able to see what I have, and making a specific spot for those things. :smile:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I do it at least once per season. But I have a shopping problem.....:hamster:

@Ricki Lake Hoe there are quite a few Houston ladies here.
29-Camron-NP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Ice T is so lame. :heh:

spl508764_004.jpg

She cheated on him and he walking around in public with her taking her shopping & shyt. I gotta get me one of those. :bryan: