Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff: Did you just call me a hair'tard? Omg I'm crying :dead:

I wanted to straighten it for my b-day....fail.

I might just do a braidout or something. Idk.

Just go get it professionally done if you want it straight. How much is it where you live?

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Just go get it professionally done if you want it straight. How much is it where you live?

Yea I'll probably have someone do it for me next time. The only reason I attempted it myself was cause it looked so easy when other people did theirs on youtube :dead:

Price? I have no clue. I'll have to ask mother.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I'll probably have someone do it for me next time. The only reason I attempted it myself was cause it looked so easy when other people did theirs on youtube :dead:

Price? I have no clue. I'll have to ask mother.

Here's rule number 1 of trying shyt yourself: Don't try it when important occasions are coming.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Yes, Even when I used to relax I never straightened it myself. Family members and salons always did it for me :wow:

The only products I used was SheaMoistures curl & style milk and tresemme's heat tamer protection spray.

I don't know the name of the flat iron...I borrowed it from a neighbor cause I don't have one and the logo is gone :skip:
Man, I've been doing my own hair since I was 15 LOL

Haven't been to a salon in over 10 years... I figured I know my hair better than they do.

I think the curl & style milk is what caused it to not get straighter. I was reading reviews on walgreens.com, and a user said that she tried to flat iron her hair after using the product and it left her hair dry, sticky and weird-looking. I think it's more for braid/twist outs, etc.

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Man, I've been doing my own hair since I was 15 LOL

Haven't been to a salon in over 10 years... I figured I know my hair better than they do.

I think the curl & style milk is what caused it to not get straighter. I was reading reviews on walgreens.com, and a user said that she tried to flat iron her hair after using the product and it left her hair dry, sticky and weird-looking. I think it's more for braid/twist outs, etc.

I'm becoming more independent when it comes to styling my hair. I was always afraid to touch it because I didn't know what I was doing but now I'm afraid to let other people touch it...I'll just add this straightening session into my hall of fails and try again in a few months.

That makes sense...maybe I should have looked into something that caters to straightening (:snoop: Duh! I'm so slow). I will definitely do this whenever I try again. Thanks :smile:

Rusty Kuntz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
any of you ladies use the clarisonic facial cleansing brush system?

i've got acne and blemish issues...among other things...will this help ?
I use the cheaper Olay Pro X version with my own facial cleanser... works about the same, much less expensive (only paid $30 for the Olay system) and it leaves my skin incredibly smooth with hardly any blemishes (I don't know if you can see my skin in my avy, but I'm not wearing any makeup).

One thing to note: it may initially make your acne worse (some people have mentioned this issue), because it's pulling all the impurities out of your skin. It should go away, though.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Tried on my Christmas fit on last night :pachaha: it really looks like I'm in the holiday spirit. Bright red lacoste polo , green corduroys with some brown loafers.

Might post pics later :heh:

ANewClassic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm becoming more independent when it comes to styling my hair. I was always afraid to touch it because I didn't know what I was doing but now I'm afraid to let other people touch it...I'll just add this straightening session into my hall of fails and try again in a few months.

That makes sense...maybe I should have looked into something that caters to straightening (:snoop: Duh! I'm so slow). I will definitely do this whenever I try again. Thanks :smile:

When I blew out my hair, I used the Curl & Style Milk as a leave in on my wet hair and then layered with a blow out cream.
This blow out cream
0002279691618_500X500.jpg

And then I used the "Tension Method" to blow dry my hair. And my hair came out like this pic. (Of course I didn't flat iron though)
DVqH9l.jpg

To flat iron I usually put a dime size of regular argan oil and run it through my hair, concentrating on the ends, and then flat iron. If I find a pic of flat ironed hair I'll come back and edit this post.
Edit: This was back from September, but I used the same method
j4cFul.jpg

Rusty Kuntz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!

Most of the time I'm too lazy to blow out my hair LOL, so I just let it air dry and then use a heat protectant spray or use a little bit of grapeseed oil before flat ironing.

This picture is kinda old; my hair has grown out from the bob cut.

attachment.php

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everything I learned today was sexual. Harvey Balls and dikk lock function.

Binary

Banned
Daps
One of my guy friends are setting up himself for disappointment and I don't know what I should do. He's super vulnerable right now. Sigh, these girls lead him on and he doesn't understand that.