Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
just took a nice hot shower.. :ahh: spritzed on some of this new MAC perfume "Turquatic" i got as a gift yesterday.
mac-turquatic-2011-open.jpg

i smell so yummy. :D

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
and now it's bedtime... gonna try and get more than 5 hours of sleep tonight... waking up for morning swim has been killing me lately... :snooze:
and yay @ this thread Olivia good job btw g'nite ladies!

Girl Melane

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody with natural hair who has dyed their hair or can recommend a over the counter dye? I want to save money by doing it myself, but I don't want anything that will change the texture, or dry it out. But I want my hair to pop for the summer, without popping my pockets! lol

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Greetings my fellow brehettes :smile:

Question:

What's the earliest/latest you've attended a baby shower?

As the mother to be, I have to be social and interact with guests (which is going to kill me because I'm an introvert and detest crowds :why:) plus it will be given in August (the hottest month of the year). My mind set is, I just want to get it over with. Due to the weather and the fact I don't like people touching me :laugh: what do suggest will be a good time?

Multiple ideas are better than the one's I've already received, so THANK YOU in advance :hug:

Girl Melane

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Question:

As the mother to be, I have to be social and interact with guests (which is going to kill me because I'm an introvert and detest crowds :why:) plus it will be given in August (the hottest month of the year). My mind set is, I just want to get it over with. Due to the weather and the fact I don't like people touching me :laugh: what do suggest will be a good time?

Multiple ideas are better than the one's I've already received, so THANK YOU in advance :hug:

Firstly... Big Congrats your way!!

What about an early afternoon for only a couple of hours, like 1:00 - 3:00? or you can do like a brunch (11:00 am - 1:00 pm)? Also, will you have a host? Having a host who has an itinerary with games and such, helps keep the party moving, and limit the time you have to make a lot of convo, or entertain. Nonetheless, try to enjoy this wonderful time! :yes:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps

Question:

You sound like me when i was pregnant. I hated people always wanting to touch my belly especially those that don't ask then look confused when you're giving them this face:what:.
It's best to do it close to the due date so you won't have an abundance of gifts laying around until the baby comes. Get it done, do what u need to do with the gifts and prop your swollen feet up for the next couple of weeks waiting for her arrival. Then you'll have to deal with those same people wanting to play "pass the baby" and being right back up in your personal space after she's born.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Aight ladies help a brother out....what's a good gift to get some one that pretty much has everything?.....

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Firstly... Big Congrats your way!!

What about an early afternoon for only a couple of hours, like 1:00 - 3:00? or you can do like a brunch (11:00 am - 1:00 pm)? Also, will you have a host? Having a host who has an itinerary with games and such, helps keep the party moving, and limit the time you have to make a lot of convo, or entertain. Nonetheless, try to enjoy this wonderful time! :yes:

My mother & soon to be mother in law are hosting.

My mother wants it at night (when the sun goes down from 7-11pm) my mother in law wants it earlier. Me and my fiance want it from 6-10pm. At this point no one is agreeing and I have the final say and I'm at my wits end :snoop:

You sound like me when i was pregnant. I hated people always wanting to touch my belly especially those that don't ask then look confused when you're giving them this face:what:.
It's best to do it close to the due date so you won't have an abundance of gifts laying around until the baby comes. Get it done, do what u need to do with the gifts and prop your swollen feet up for the next couple of weeks waiting for her arrival. Then you'll have to deal with those same people wanting to play "pass the baby" and being right back up in your personal space after she's born.

My due date is October 1st, but my daughter is already in the down position. She's READY to come out, I know in my heart she's going to come early that's why I made it for the 2nd week in August.

I learned not to give an earlier baby shower when I had my son. There was clutter all over the place for two months until he was born to actually use anything :smh:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
My mother & soon to be mother in law are hosting.

My mother wants it at night (when the sun goes down from 7-11pm) my mother in law wants it earlier. Me and my fiance want it from 6-10pm. At this point no one is agreeing and I have the final say and I'm at my wits end :snoop:

My due date is October 1st, but my daughter is already in the down position. She's READY to come out, I know in my heart she's going to come early that's why I made it for the 2nd week in August.

I learned not to give an earlier baby shower when I had my son. There was clutter all over the place for two months until he was born to actually use anything :smh:

7-11pm? 6-10pm?! Who wants to be around people that late in the day? :snoop:

4-8pm sounds alot better imo. Play baby shower games, munch on refreshments, open the gifts and send those people home before its bedtime.

I thought babies turn downward around the 5th month *thinks* so she'll be born early September?

Girl Melane

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

4-8pm sounds alot better imo. Play baby shower games, munch on refreshments, open the gifts and send those people home before its bedtime.

I thought babies turn downward around the 5th month *thinks* so she'll be born early September?

:noah: Geeze those are long times! you guys are good. I would have to have a spot to hide out for a sec :laugh:

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam

We're dealing with BLACK FOLK! aka they're on CPC :laugh:

I want it later in the day because I truly cannot function when the sun is up. I get severe hot flashes and we're only in the beginning of June. It's much cooler after 5pm.

A lot of my family is coming from down souf plus a few other ppl work on Saturday, so if I give it too earlier they won't be able to attend.

I'll be six months on Monday. My midwife advised me to get a maternity belt or I may have to go on bed rest depending on my next visit because she's extremely low :(

:noah: Geeze those are long times! you guys are good. I would have to have a spot to hide out for a sec :laugh:

By the end of the night someone will get cursed out :lolbron:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps

I was about to recommend 4-6 lmao!!! Her family and in laws would prolly want more time seeing its a new baby to the family but cotdamn i can't stand being the center of attention at any given time so i dread the next time i'll have to do it. :sadcam: