Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does a black activist have total disregard and sympathy for other minorities and their issues?:what:
Umm yes! LMAO! Is that not the point of being pro black? To put your energy towards the advancement of ONLY blacks? Pro black does not mean anti everyone else, but your cause is geared towards just black progress. What is wrong with you?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I feel a feminist has a total disregard and sympathy for male "issues". The goal is just to empower women and nothing more.
While I disagree with this definition of feminist. It accurately describes me. I don't see the problem with it. :yeshrug:

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
Umm yes! LMAO! Is that not the point of being pro black? To put your energy towards the advancement of ONLY blacks? Pro black does not mean anti everyone else, but your cause is geared towards just black progress. What is wrong with you?
Yes but that doesn't mean you have total disregard and no sympathy for other minorities:disnikka:
why are you letting crazy cac feminists pollute your brain?:mjlol:
I urge you to read more into feminism and womanism from the perspective of a black woman.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I feel a feminist has a total disregard and sympathy for male "issues". The goal is just to empower women and nothing more.

Not really. It has various forms and means different things to people but anyone who thinks they can be 'feminist' to the exclusion of men/maleness is certainly not based in reality, when it's a ("the") man's world. I think the lack of "care" for men's issues is more reflective of them constituting norms in conversations. Same with blackness, etc any relatively marginalized group. You can't ignore the majority power group/structure, whether they're there by numbers or history. Especially since they're the ones you're usually combating for respect/equality/recognition whatever.

If you are mildly curious, writers like Audre Lorde and bell hooks (blk women) stress the importance of intersectionality and how our identities, same and different shape our lenses for power structures and what kinds of experiences we have.

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not really. It has various forms and means different things to people but anyone who thinks they can be 'feminist' to the exclusion of men/maleness is certainly not based in reality, when it's a ("the") man's world. I think the lack of "care" for men's issues is more reflective of them constituting norms in conversations. Same with blackness, etc any relatively marginalized group. You can't ignore the majority power group/structure, whether they're there by numbers or history. Especially since they're the ones you're usually combating for respect/equality/recognition whatever.

If you are mildly curious, writers like Audre Lorde and bell hook stress the importance of intersectionality and how our identities, same and different shape our lenses for power structures and what kinds of experiences we have.

Hence the keywords "I feel". So yes really if that's what I feel it is. I didn't say to ignore men, not in a physical sense anyway but to focus energy specifically on the advancement of women if that makes better sense. The definition is going to be different but the end goal is the same to me.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes but that doesn't mean you have total disregard and no sympathy for other minorities:disnikka:
why are you letting crazy cac feminists pollute your brain?:mjlol:
I urge you to read more into feminism and womanism from the perspective of a black woman.

I am allowed not to care about anything but the advancement of blacks, African-Americans to be specific, while not caring or having sympathy for any other group, minority or otherwise, if I choose. I still respect others while doing so. I urge you to stop reading my posts and quoting me.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
I am allowed not to care about anything but the advancement of blacks, African-Americans to be specific, while not caring or having sympathy for any other group, minority or otherwise, if I choose. I still respect others while doing so. I urge you to stop reading my posts and quoting me.
what's wrong with healthy dialogue? :lupe: