Official Raised By Wolves Thread

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Show hasn't missed a beat. Mother and Father still trucking, I'm rooting for them and their relationship. No other show does a good job of oscillating wildly between mystery, creepy and wonder so quickly and effortlessly. All the acting is good but Mother and Father do a good job of showing emotions but in an unsettling way, you can never tell how a scene is gonna play out. Especially with Mother. That smile she does is a perfect mix of unsettling af and also reassuring.
:wow:

Ep 2 is out too but haven't watched.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Okay finally back with one my favorite shows, definitely can see they upped the budget with expanded cast and the way the Tropical Zone looks amazing. Glad we got another human group involved. Gonna be interesting seeing how things develop. Only issue I had is they kind of went overboard in making Caleb seem like a superhero. But it was good seeing Campion, Paul, Father etc. didn’t get into what happened to her baby but episode 2 is named Seven so I’m expecting to get more about it then

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Okay finally back with one my favorite shows, definitely can see they upped the budget with expanded cast and the way the Tropical Zone looks amazing. Glad we got another human group involved. Gonna be interesting seeing how things develop. Only issue I had is they kind of went overboard in making Caleb seem like a superhero. But it was good seeing Campion, Paul, Father etc. didn’t get into what happened to her baby but episode 2 is named Seven so I’m expecting to get more about it then

I like how they treated the baby stuff not like they aren't addressing it, but also that she's "feeling" shame and guilt about the whole thing. That seems human to me. Poor Mother.

:mjcry:

She broke Father's heart for a snake god
:mjlol:

fukk Sol
:mjgrin:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Two episodes was absolute trash. Jumbled, terrible cgi at times. This show has completely fallen off the cliff that was season 1.
:hhh:

I thought it mostly looked good, but the first shot of the tank was AWFUL.
Like, low polygon video game awful.

The environments looked good to me though.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Part of it is the design they went with. The tank has a weird texture where it looks jarring even in the upclose practical shot. It stands out in the evironment so it's even more apparent when it goes to the cgi and composite shots. Whole atheist aesthetic is kinda wild, very rugged for no reason lol almost what you imagine nihilists to do instead of just atheists.

Story wise felt like the show just picked up right where it left off to me. Just jumped a couple months? The pacing is closer to how it was near the end of s1, not the more slow burn the first few eps of the show was. shyt is happening from the start of this season.

Didn't expect the snake baby to show up so soon nor have them dealing with it and it's potential connection to Campion for example

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
#7 is the snake right?
How come no one acknowledged it or was it some silent don't need to say whats understood type deal
Yeah it's the snake. Its hush hush because only Father knows it was the snake. Everyone else just assumes it was a human (or human like) and that it was stillborn or something along those lines.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it's the snake. Its hush hush because only Father knows it was the snake. Everyone else just assumes it was a human (or human like) and that it was stillborn or something along those lines.
I might have to rewatch. She was literally walking around with it, and why do they think they went into the hole then? I do remember now that Campion was like "what happened to #7" though.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I might have to rewatch. She was literally walking around with it, and why do they think they went into the hole then? I do remember now that Campion was like "what happened to #7" though.
The snake was feeding off her constantly and she was afraid it might kill the kids iirc so she was gonna jump into the pit herself. Father wasn't gonna let her do it alone though so they took the ship down together. They thought they were doing whats best for the kids but this is another example of them not acting quite like androids anymore.

Can't remember if they ever explain to the kids what happened but I think Campion saw them go into it.