[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I enjoyed 16. It had some problems like pacing was off in some areas and the battle system was way too easy but overall the highs were insane. Those summon battles were insane lol.
The summon battles are eye candy and fun but that doesn't make up for the rest of the game playing like ass and being extremely boring and tedious. The story, characters, dialogue, world, all of that shyt was terrible

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Yeah 16 was a complete bait and switch

That game is ass, and I REALLY wanted to like it
Ass is taking it too far for me( hella pause) but it just wasn't as good as other jrpgs..story was cool,gameplay like all others got repetitive but it just felt that the lack of true rpg elements hurt it for me.

Side quest were dull but I really don't take points off from games for having dull side quest anyway 😂

07/10 but the reviews made it seem like some epic shyt.the fights were great but it takes more than fancy cinemática to make a great jrpgs/ rpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ass is taking it too far for me( hella pause) but it just wasn't as good as other jrpgs..story was cool,gameplay like all others got repetitive but it just felt that the lack of true rpg elements hurt it for me.

Side quest were dull but I really don't take points off from games for having dull side quest anyway 😂

07/10 but the reviews made it seem like some epic shyt.the fights were great but it takes more than fancy cinemática to make a great jrpgs/ rpg

I can’t think of any jrpgs in recent years that are objectively better than XVI

Every major problem in XVI is far worse in other JRPGS without any of the highs

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The summon battles are eye candy and fun but that doesn't make up for the rest of the game playing like ass and being extremely boring and tedious. The story, characters, dialogue, world, all of that shyt was terrible
I'd give it a 7. It wasn't ass to me, I enjoyed it more than FFXV but I definitely think it could've been much better.

FFVII Rebirth though looks to be a blassic like the remake was.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
These are my posts from the Remake thread a few years back. It’s crazy how I beat that game and had no idea what was going on. :mjlol:

Don’t be like me. Hurry up and play the OG before Rebirth drops.:ohlawd:
You up to speed now or ya ass still didn't play the OG ?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
When this drops my girl and my baby gonna be out of town….and I’m off work for the weekend:blessed:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I can’t think of any jrpgs in recent years that are objectively better than XVI

Every major problem in XVI is far worse in other JRPGS without any of the highs
???

FF7R
Persona 5
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Scarlet Nexus
3 Houses
Live a Live

Are all better than FF16 and I could go on

FF16 is flashy but lacking in depth, JRPGs can't get away with just being cinematic

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
???

FF7R
Persona 5
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Scarlet Nexus
3 Houses
Live a Live

Are all better than FF16 and I could go on

FF16 is flashy but lacking in depth, JRPGs can't get away with just being cinematic

Outside of persona 5, agree to disagree. Almost all those games have pacing problems just as bad as XVI, you can throw XBC3 in there as well