[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I can't stop thinking about this game, brehs.

Ff7R is arguably my favorite game I ever played and this one is only going to be better!

I need this shyt so bad.
Breh for real. When I beat the game, I literally had no doubt I was gonna play it right back.

Wasn’t going for platinum, but said fukk it, imma get my first platinum and I did.

That game is real GOAT shyt.

:blessed: :blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@Gizmo_Duck any chance we see some of the combat changes they did right in ff 16 in here?

I don’t think so, the combat designer hints that its going more traditional. He said the gambit system from XII inspired this game a lot (which is good news for me as i love the gambit system) so i expect more hands on automation for party members and it looks like the dual techs are going to play a big part of this game.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I liked FF16, but i know this game will be better. I would be more hyped for this game if I didn't think Nomura is gonna fukk up the story :martin:

I'm gonna play it like i did the first game back in 2020, but I know that Nomura is cooking up some bullshyt :snoop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked FF16, but i know this game will be better. I would be more hyped for this game if I didn't think Nomura is gonna fukk up the story :martin:

I'm gonna play it like i did the first game back in 2020, but I know that Nomura is cooking up some bullshyt :snoop:

Nomura isn’t lead director, producer, or writer on this one.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps

Yea i think part 1 is better and part 2 will surpass it, granted am only 60 percent through 16. The game is flashy and shyt but it dont no real strategy or build needed etc... 16 is just an great action game. part 1 remake was a great rpg lol

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Yea i think part 1 is better and part 2 will surpass it, granted am only 60 percent through 16. The game is flashy and shyt but it dont no real strategy or build needed etc... 16 is just an great action game. part 1 remake was a great rpg lol
yep. i finished 16 and was like, i'm good on NG+ :francis:

it's good for what it was though

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Yeah, but its a step down from his role on remake, i think he’s focusing more on KH4. I expect less shenanigans
:francis: hopefully that plays like kingdom hearts 2. This floaty combat shyt is not the wave and the nonsensical story doesn't help. KH2 had such tight mechanics it felt at times like a fighting game damn near.
Sometimes I be wondering am I really a fan of the series or just that specific game cuz I can't replay none of em except 2. The one ported from the 3ds was pretty good tho might play that again someday.

I'd rather see Nomura focus on character designs and stuff he's not good at creating narratives at all

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:francis: hopefully that plays like kingdom hearts 2. This floaty combat shyt is not the wave and the nonsensical story doesn't help. KH2 had such tight mechanics it felt at times like a fighting game damn near.
Sometimes I be wondering am I really a fan of the series or just that specific game cuz I can't replay none of em except 2. The one ported from the 3ds was pretty good tho might play that again someday

I’m kind of over KH after 3. The original premise of a weird MASh up of final fantasy and disney is why i originally liked it, being an FF stan. Finding out they took all the FF stuff out of 3 felt like betrayal. Then on top of that I was completely lost story wise because there were like 5 canonical games inbetween 2 and 3.

Now it looks like Nomura is putting is own off-brand FF shyt in the new games with the Verum Rex shyt. :snooze:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I’m kind of over KH after 3. The original premise of a weird MASh up of final fantasy and disney is why i originally liked it, being an FF stan. Finding out they took all the FF stuff out of 3 felt like betrayal. Then on top of that I was completely lost story wise because there were like 5 canonical games inbetween 2 and 3.

Now it looks like Nomura is putting is own off-brand FF shyt in the new games with the Verum Rex shyt. :snooze:
:pachaha: wtf is wrong with that man?

KH2 had the formula perfected. Disney worlds with the final fantasy characters being essential to the main plot.
I'd love a secret boss fight with Vayne or Gabranth like we had with Sephiroth
Kuja would be awesome too

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:pachaha: wtf is wrong with that man?

KH2 had the formula perfected. Disney worlds with the final fantasy characters being essential to the main plot.
I'd love a secret boss fight with Vayne or Gabranth like we had with Sephiroth
Kuja would be awesome too

They let him go unchecked for over a decade and he started feeling himself.

I understand there weren't that many Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts III," Nomura first says to GameInformer when quizzed about the exit of many FF favorites from the series. He then goes into more detail.

"One thing I want to clear up is that a lot of fans are saying that Kingdom Hearts is this collaboration between Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters. But I really feel like that's not the basic concept of Kingdom Hearts; that's not exactly what Kingdom Hearts is," Nomura notes.

Elaborating, Nomura goes on to explain that the Final Fantasy characters were used in the earlier games in the series as something of a shortcut - familiar faces to help get fans 'on board' with the series and comfortable with the original cast of characters present in Kingdom Hearts.

"I felt nobody really knew these new characters, so it was harder for them to stand their ground just yet. And so, we had a lot of Final Fantasy characters involved to lend a hand for everyone to get to know these [original Kingdom Hearts] characters better," Nomura notes.

"Now, there are so many original characters from Kingdom Hearts that are so well-loved, and people want to see more of those characters. With Kingdom Hearts III, since we did have so many original Kingdom Hearts characters, it was hard to find room for including more Final Fantasy characters."

Like, no nikka we don’t care about your xillohort and zenafare, Vexen, etc. we want Cid, Setzer, Barret, Zidane, Freya, Sephiroth :camby:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
i thought he was the creative director
Nomura is the one that stopped them from fukking the OG story, though.

I think Kitase wanted most of party to die originally and whoever was your main party would be left to fight Sephiroth.

Nomura gets a lot of undeserved hate attached to him.