Official Power Season 1 Thread

Daps
Only a simple minded cornball would be fascinated by that lame predictable scene. In the real world you and your bytch ain't bout to to get "important" calls at the exact same time, the kinda calls that require both of you to leave the room to take the calls, and both not finding amusing that they both receive important emergency calls at the same time. The whole thing is is corny as fukk.

I guarantee you the next thing what will happen is another one of these events where things happen simultaneously, and then they slowly look at each other with a look of shock, realizing what the other person does, watch and see if that kinda corny shyt doesn't happen.

My God, you nitpicking nikka, how about they both found it convenient that the other had a "work emergency" so they didn't have to explain their own reasons for leaving in a huff? Caught up in their own emergency, it's perfectly believable that they wouldn't think too hard about the other's reasons for leaving.

Obviously it was done for theatrical purposes, and you can call it corny, but don't act like it requires some major suspension of belief that they wouldn't suspect that they're connected to the same 'emergency'. There's probably hundreds of 'emergencies' in NYC every fukking night.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
My God, you nitpicking nikka, how about they both found it convenient that the other had a "work emergency" so they didn't have to explain their own reasons for leaving in a huff? Caught up in their own emergency, it's perfectly believable that they wouldn't think too hard about the other's reasons for leaving.

Obviously it was done for theatrical purposes, and you can call it corny, but don't act like it requires some major suspension of belief that they wouldn't suspect that they're connected to the same 'emergency'. There's probably hundreds of 'emergencies' in NYC every fukking night.

Thank You.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
my prediction.... these hits are being set up by 50

there was something off when the son told him he was working for ghost.. and when he told 50 he had an account set up and some investments, 50 didn't even care about that shyt

then told him to hit him on the cell if some shyt happened he can't tell ghost.. the kid is gonna tell 50 about ghost wife.. and he'll use it for more shady shyt

cause i don't think the cartel dude would do this.. and they don't have time (or maybe they'll rush it) to introduce a whole new character and plot to why he's doing it..

but it's a good show for what it is.. not like we have anything else on tv with black folks and aggressive content
definitely makes sense...and yea, i agree with your last statement. it's no HBO level show that makes you think like crazy, always keeps you on your toes, etc. i view it as a better, higher quality, more graphic/sexual version of one of those network TV cop shows that you'd see on CBS/NBC, really. i can't watch those.
They say this is a Big Rich Town :ohlawd:
that theme song has gotten better with every episode for me. those are the only times i've heard it. is it on 50's new album? just wondering.

This show objectifies women. I'm not down with that.
it really does, doesn't it? but goddamn, i can't complain if Angela is trying to break the record for most consecutive weeks of sex scenes in TV history.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Y'all muffukka are overthinking, this is some fun popcorn entertainment, and I'm happy to see black and latino actors and actresses get solid steady work. I'm happy to see 50 enterprising and to see it doing well.

That being said, as long as I can see Naturi Naughton getting naked and stuff, I'm happy.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i didn't say it had to be the same emergency, my point was them not curious about the other's emergency as in the coincidental nature of it happening.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I actually went out and bought some new shirts and ties because of this show :snoop:

nikka stay getting dressed. Even had the driver getting his men's warehouse "you're gonna love the way you look" on.

:dead:
Yo FORREAL. His wardrobe is pretty sick & he rocks at least 3 outfits per episode.

I swear Tommy is based off of a GTA character. Dude is always rocking a hoody with a jacket, has the forced accent, always ready to fight and is just one of them smart dumb dudes.

When he told his slutty chick to stfu in the elevator and punched the wall, shyt was mad random I literally did the :russ:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yo FORREAL. His wardrobe is pretty sick & he rocks at least 3 outfits per episode.

I swear Tommy is based off of a GTA character. Dude is always rocking a hoody with a jacket, has the forced accent, always ready to fight and is just one of them smart dumb dudes.

When he told his slutty chick to stfu in the elevator and punched the wall, shyt was mad random I literally did the :russ:

Ghost gonna have his ass walking around looking like this by the end of the season.

Joseph+Sikora+Power+Premieres+NYC+jwCQQvlXn7el.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Ghost gonna have his ass walking around looking like this by the end of the season.

Joseph+Sikora+Power+Premieres+NYC+jwCQQvlXn7el.jpg
Naaaa...Tommy and the wife still on that hood shyt, drug shyt more than anything. That's where the power struggle lies within each of their characters. Them two are more trouble than anybody...yet they're the closest to him.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh: Show is aight....

Then I watched Episode 3.... :why: why must this nikka 50 put himself in the show.... this nikka refuses to ever take the back seat for the greater good. :snoop:

we get it nikka, you can act :stopitslime:

This nikka has been in one scene breh. :heh: The one waitress that Tommy smashed has had comparable screen time. We saw the pink assassins ass longer than we saw that nikka.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
After the 1st ep I ready to :camby: this shyt but I gave it a chance and watch the other 4 eps and I'm :leon: now. It's not that bad. I can enjoy this for what it is and expect writing on the level of GoT/True Detective/Breaking Bad

Plus the naked breezies is nice too