Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
:gucci:TARIQ WAS DEAD TO TOMMY
THE SECOND HE KILLED GHOST.

HE WASNT GONNA LOOK
OUT FOR THAT fakkit.

HES ONLY ALIVE BECAUSE
GHOST ASKED TOMMY NOT
TO KILL HIM.
:devil:
:evil:

There was maybe a small, small chance of Tommy understanding why Tariq killed Ghost and their relationship being repaired down the line, but all of that went straight to hell when Tasha decided to frame Tommy for Ghost's murder. The same person that killed his potential fiancée.

You know, if the writers really wanted to make things interesting, they should have made Tasha the person everybody hated instead of Ghost, but for some reason, they thought she was more sympathetic than she actually was. :francis:

Breh she thinks we are watching because of Tariq. She doesn’t realize that people are watching off of the strength of it being power. We would watch it if Tariq wasn’t on there also.

I might be getting ahead of myself, but I feel like season one was the beginning of Tariq's story wrapping up. For the first time, he was selling drugs with a purpose, he finally started understanding why Ghost was the way that he was, and he became a mammal. You know, someone who could actually do more than be a sociopath and say Ghost's name like some kind of slur.

Looking at season two, what's his big story? He's still selling drugs, he's getting himself in more trouble, people around him continue to die, his crew isn't even on the same page as him. He doesn't even have a car. He wanted to save Yas from Big Mama, but it turns out he wouldn't need to save her if he had just chilled out a couple years ago. And nobody cares about Yas, so the story isn't even as strong. It's more and more apparent that Tariq isn't carrying this show. He works well with everybody, but the Tejadas and Mecca have been doing most of the heavy lifting this season. The most memorable scene of the season so far had nothing to do with Tariq (the dinner scene).

I don't know what's going to happen next season, but I feel like Tariq's story is going to become more and more unimportant. Just whatever the writers need him to do at any particular time.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
There was maybe a small, small chance of Tommy understanding why Tariq killed Ghost and their relationship being repaired down the line, but all of that went straight to hell when Tasha decided to frame Tommy for Ghost's murder. The same person that killed his potential fiancée.

You know, if the writers really wanted to make things interesting, they should have made Tasha the person everybody hated instead of Ghost, but for some reason, they thought she was more sympathetic than she actually was. :francis:

I might be getting ahead of myself, but I feel like season one was the beginning of Tariq's story wrapping up. For the first time, he was selling drugs with a purpose, he finally started understanding why Ghost was the way that he was, and he became a mammal. You know, someone who could actually do more than be a sociopath and say Ghost's name like some kind of slur.

Looking at season two, what's his big story? He's still selling drugs, he's getting himself in more trouble, people around him continue to die, his crew isn't even on the same page as him. He doesn't even have a car. He wanted to save Yas from Big Mama, but it turns out he wouldn't need to save her if he had just chilled out a couple years ago. And nobody cares about Yas, so the story isn't even as strong. It's more and more apparent that Tariq isn't carrying this show. He works well with everybody, but the Tejadas and Mecca have been doing most of the heavy lifting this season. The most memorable scene of the season so far had nothing to do with Tariq (the dinner scene).

I don't know what's going to happen next season, but I feel like Tariq's story is going to become more and more unimportant. Just whatever the writers need him to do at any particular time.
:scust: YOUVE LOST YOUR MIND.

fukk YOU MEAN UNDERSTANDING
WHY HE KILLED GHOST?
THERES NOTHING TO UNDERSTAND.

LET ALONE THE FACT TARIQ TRIED
TO HAVE TOMMY KILLED
THAT SAME NIGHT.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
:scust: YOUVE LOST YOUR MIND.

fukk YOU MEAN UNDERSTANDING
WHY HE KILLED GHOST?
THERES NOTHING TO UNDERSTAND.

LET ALONE THE FACT TARIQ TRIED
TO HAVE TOMMY KILLED
THAT SAME NIGHT.

I don't think it even registered in Tommy's head that Tariq sent the Italians after him because he beat the shyt out of Vincent immediately after.

I'm not saying I would want to see that. Absolutely not. But do you know how much ridiculous shyt Power did that didn't make sense, but they went with it anyway? Characters were getting betrayed and double-crossed left and right and would still fukk with each other later. Ghost and Tommy tried killing each other at the start of season six because of what they did to each other. By episode eight, they were talking on the phone like old buddies and teaming up to try and kill Saxe. :francis:

In that same episode, they finally came to an understanding over Angela. A week later, Tommy tries to have Ghost killed because he thinks he killed LaKeisha. :francis:

Tariq stole from Tommy's warehouse, lied about it, kept selling drugs even after Tommy told him to stop, and Tommy almost killed him over it. Two episodes later, he's talking to Tariq and Tasha about killing Ghost. :francis:

If Tasha didn't snitch, I definitely believe the writers would have tried to have Tariq get Uncle Tommy back. They're willing to do anything else.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't think it even registered in Tommy's head that Tariq sent the Italians after him because he beat the shyt out of Vincent immediately after.

I'm not saying I would want to see that. Absolutely not. But do you know how much ridiculous shyt Power did that didn't make sense, but they went with it anyway? Characters were getting betrayed and double-crossed left and right and would still fukk with each other later. Ghost and Tommy tried killing each other at the start of season six because of what they did to each other. By episode eight, they were talking on the phone like old buddies and teaming up to try and kill Saxe. :francis:

In that same episode, they finally came to an understanding over Angela. A week later, Tommy tries to have Ghost killed because he thinks he killed LaKeisha. :francis:

Tariq stole from Tommy's warehouse, lied about it, kept selling drugs even after Tommy told him to stop, and Tommy almost killed him over it. Two episodes later, he's talking to Tariq and Tasha about killing Ghost. :francis:

If Tasha didn't snitch, I definitely believe the writers would have tried to have Tariq get Uncle Tommy back. They're willing to do anything else.
IT MOST DEFINITELY REGISTERED
AFTER HE SAW TARIQ KILL GHOST.

HE LITERALLY TOLD TARIQ
THEY HAD TO GET TO TRUTH
TO SAVE GHOST FROM DRE

RIGHT BEFORE THE ITALIANS
PULLED UP ON HIM.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
IT MOST DEFINITELY REGISTERED
AFTER HE SAW TARIQ KILL GHOST.

HE LITERALLY TOLD TARIQ
THEY HAD TO GET TO TRUTH
TO SAVE GHOST FROM DRE

RIGHT BEFORE THE ITALIANS
PULLED UP ON HIM.

Tommy's a cokehead, though. He probably forgot the conversation he just had with Tariq because the Italians took up new space in his brain. :mjgrin: