Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tariq was dope in this episode

my boy Tommy voice sounds more grim.. not sure if it’s intentional but that character development is good

Tasha should’ve never had the freedom to roam after getting out without protection but whatever.. that’s my only gripe with the writing in this episode

I’m glad the new characters like Cane and all Tariq b*tches plus that fine Keri Hilson looking professor makin it into season 2

Zeke’s slow AF but that’s his role.. I see the memes which means it’s doing it’s job

2 Bit has been MIA the past few episodes.. did Tariq ever pay up? He needs to be on the Tommy show

and that 50 Cent song is fire... should’ve dropped that in the summer and actually pushed it instead of milking it off his show. 50 should actually make an album where on every track he’s attempting to make a theme for 1 of his shows

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
So tommy said the name ghost at the end and monet still dont know who Tommy and ghost????
Right? I was waiting Monet to be like "Wait-- did he say Ghost? Ghost was your father?!"

But nope. They're too determined to have Tariq start from scratch without building on his father's name.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This was a dope finale. I was talking to my boy after and we both realized that this season was pretty much an epilogue for Book I. It tied up all loose ends to the previous series. With Tasha in witness protection, Saxe now working for Method Man, and Tommy being forced to leave NYC for his show.

The lane is pretty much cleared for Tariq to be his own man. And according to Courtney Kemp the chickens that Tariq hatched in this season are going to comeback to roost in season 2 and beyond.

Can’t wait :lolbron:

The Kanan theme is pretty dope and judging from the scenes they showed in the video. I have a feeling “Book III” is going to be way more gritty and will look/feel different then the previous series. Can’t wait for that too :bryan:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So tommy said the name ghost at the end and monet still dont know who Tommy and ghost are???

Right? I was waiting Monet to be like "Wait-- did he say Ghost? Ghost was your father?!"

But nope. They're too determined to have Tariq start from scratch without building on his father's name.
In an Instagram Q&A, Courtney Kemp kinda hinted that Monet’s husband might know him.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Season ended really well:ehh:

They need to try to film and coordinate the books so there's always one on. And stop the retarded mid season breaks:hhh:

EDIT: I'm kinda glad to see Tasha gone, too, but that dress...:banderas:

And Zeke is the absolute worst, bar none:francis:

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Monet carried the show and her acting was always on point. I don’t get the hate she gets here and on social media.

I am honestly shocked at how good it his finale was. Let’s hope they bring season 2 and raising Kanan on alternate months. That would be dope.

Agreed. Nikkas wantin her to show emotion. But she's a cold blooded boss. Her facial expressions are the same so you can't guess what she's thinking

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Let's review this ridiculous unbelievable bullshyt that happened....

• So Tommy just got his teeth pulled out in less than 24 hours and managed to jump out his car, run and evade police that were coming from all directions just before running into a gas station pump? :pachaha:

If Tommy yanked his teeth out without anesthesia he'd have to go the fukking hospital and have to spend at least a week or 2 on bed rest recovering and he wouldn't even be able to talk.

• Monet, who's arguably having the worst day out of anyone on this show ...

(Tariq is short on her money, Rico shoots up her spot, Dru gets shot, she's mad at Cane for not being there, Tommy shoots up her spot, her boy Owl gets killed.... All in less than 24 hours.)

...finds out Cane killed Ramirez and she STILL DOESN'T KILL CANE after promising he would if he goes against the family (again). Not only did he go against the family by killing Ramirez, he almost killed Tariq too..... But yet she still doesn't kill him or shoot him at least? :skip:
So why even point a fukking gun at this nikka at all???? :pachaha:

• Going with the last bullet point. Monet, who's spot got shot up, who's mans got shot, who almost died herself, finds out it was Tommy and she doesn't kill him???? I don't care what she promised Tariq, he's still a kid. Tommy should've and would've caught one to the head over that. That goes against her character.

But let's talk about fukking Tariq.... :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

So lemme get this straight...

• Tariq spent the entire season trying to save and protect his mom, only to help Tommy (who's actively trying to kill his mother) be free of the feds??? Only for tommy to still want to kill tasha (which Tariq saw coming already). Then with two guns pointed at him (by Monet who also should've shot him) Tommy says he won't stop till he finds and kills her and you still let him go ? :dahell::dahell:

But yet you wanna protect your mom :dwillhuh:

Tariq is supposed to be smart but he's still protecting his fake cac uncle Tommy who wants his mom dead (and who literally was about to choke him to death til Monet popped up) and now Tommy can kill her without the feds looking for him since they think he's dead (thanks to Tariq's plan).

Help someone who's actively trying to kill your mother brehs...:heh:

There were other dumb things , but these were the major dumb points. I could get into Cane and Jabari too, but all in all this shyt was dumb AF

Last edited: