Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All the hate Tariq has for his dad, I wonder if that's going to get redirected to Tasha. Ghost lied but wanted the best for him, never tried to force him to be anything except to be clean and go to college. He is going to truly regret killing Ghost. Tasha is going to start showing her true colors.

He going to see why Ghost left her for Angie :wow:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Yo, I still can't reason why Tariq thought it was ok to kill Ghost after all this time :mindblown:

Because Ghost was standing in the way of his future. :troll:

Because Ghost was a monster. He deserved to die for what he did. :troll:

Because Ghost ruined the family. :troll:

Because Ghost was a murderous drug dealer and Tariq had the drop on him. :troll:

Because Tasha was going to do it, but Kanan's ghost convinced Tariq that having a bytch do your dirty work wasn't the way to go. :troll:

Because Tariq was worried that Ghost was going to steal his COVID stimulus check. :troll:

Because Ghost spoiled the ending of BoJack Horseman. :troll:

Because Ghost refused to tell Tariq that the way he saluted and pointed was very casual and free of affectation. :troll:

Because Tariq asked Ghost what time it was, and he said "I don't know." :troll:

Because Ghost wanted Tariq to take responsibility for the murder of a dirty cop that he committed, and Tariq cried like a little bytch about it because he expected Ghost to take the weight, despite disowning him as a father and threatening to kill him a week ago. :unimpressed:

Last edited:

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yo, I still can't reason why Tariq thought it was ok to kill Ghost after all this time :mindblown:
This. Despite the show being more entertaining than I anticipated, this fact is the fundamental issue for why I can't root for Tariq. Doesn't make any sense, especially with Tariq suddenly being willing to be held accountable for his actions.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This. Despite the show being more entertaining than I anticipated, this fact is the fundamental issue for why I can't root for Tariq. Doesn't make any sense, especially with Tariq suddenly being willing to be held accountable for his actions.

Tariq is loyal to Tasha in spite of everything else. He'll do what he can to keep her out of jail, so I understand why he would want to come forward. Especially since he found out that Davis is running a scam and he can't trust him anymore.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Tariq had disdain for his father for being an adulterous cheat and repeated liar and keeping his entire past and present from him being a murderous, drug dealer. So that led to him killing him. All the things he was doing was to spite him and rebel from him.

After he killed him he realized it was a mistake and sees the bigger picture and the greatness of Ghost. He hates himself for the harm he caused and is willing to own up to everything. It seems like he wants a clean slate and really more than anything live up to Ghost’s expectations so he can get access to the will.

MD20

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tariq had disdain for his father for being an adulterous cheat and repeated liar and keeping his entire past and present from him being a murderous, drug dealer. So that led to him killing him. All the things he was doing was to spite him and rebel from him.

After he killed him he realized it was a mistake and sees the bigger picture and the greatness of Ghost. He hates himself for the harm he caused and is willing to own up to everything. It seems like he wants a clean slate and really more than anything live up to Ghost’s expectations so he can get access to the will.

200w.webp

200w.webp

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m the only one not interested in Tommy’s spin off?
Breh has the best case for a spinoff. We don’t need a Riq led show and I couldn’t give a fukk about Kanan, 50 kept that character around too long, only Dre somehow staying alive was less believable. And Tate is a slimeball, if anything, Tate and Tariq should’ve been sharing a show. Tommy in CA with the Mexicans sounds fire

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

Bad writing

True. But it was also that Ghost was trying to send Tariq to jail for a "righteous crime" while being a drug dealing, serial killer and getting away scot-free. Plus his Tasha was living in an apartment and Ghost put hands on her (barely, but still).

So it was a immature, selfish shyt. But Courtney took it too far. :francis: