Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing about Power that no one's ever brought up, it does a good job showing you the weird social dynamics of cacs and how they're just wired different. :pachaha: From Tommy's relationship with his mother calling her all kinds of c*nts and everything but a child of god like it's normal, kissing her on the lips and sniffing coke with her, to Ballsaxe's very sus relationship with his niece and Brayden's family with their inappropriate table discussions. :mjlol: I've seen a lot of that shyt firsthand.
I mean a mother teaching her son to be a drug dealer, a son killing his father and letting his mom sit in jail for the murder. Then joining a another family where the family hustle is murdrr and drugs. Is just so normal.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That definitely is a big part of it. But nobody wants a lead character that requires bad writing just to stay alive.

2bit gets out and wants $$ or you dead? In walks Effie with a easy bag

Kane won’t put hands on Tariq himself for some weird reason, hires goons that use knives, Tariq can’t defend himself? In walks 2bit

the solution to all his problems is somebody saving him

need to ramp up tariq becoming a boss or at least having muscle

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Uh Power used to have the same time off in between. Damn near every show does that. So you can’t use that excuse lol.
:gucci:NO IT DIDNT NEWBIE.

POWER STARTED THIS shyt
LAST SEASON AFTER THE 1ST 10 EPISODES.

POWER WOULD TAKE
A ONE WEEK BREAK
TOWARDS THE END OF THE SEASON
AT THE MOST IF COMETHING
BIG WAS GOING ON THAT
WOULD INTERFERE WITH RATINGS.

IT WAS ALWAYS A SUMMER EVENT
UNTIL LAST SEASON.

:devil:
:evil:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:NO IT DIDNT NEWBIE.

POWER STARTED THIS shyt
LAST SEASON AFTER THE 1ST 10 EPISODES.

POWER WOULD TAKE
A ONE WEEK BREAK
TOWARDS THE END OF THE SEASON
AT THE MOST IF COMETHING
BIG WAS GOING ON THAT
WOULD INTERFERE WITH RATINGS.

IT WAS ALWAYS A SUMMER EVENT
UNTIL LAST SEASON.

:devil:
:evil:
Lol @ Newbie :flabbynsick: . Go look at the episode dates for the last season and get back to me :unimpressed:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
how dude with the face paint got drowned in a chlorine pool and none of the paint comes off. And 2Bit was on the Stansfield campus for like 15 mins when he went to the dorms and magically knows the layout when Tariq asked to meet by the pool.

But hey, it’s Power. Gotta let it ride.
There are likely signs, or he could have asked. 2-Bit isn't an idiot.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched Power weekly but havent checked this out. How is it? How does it compare?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched Power weekly but havent checked this out. How is it? How does it compare?
It’s more Power seasons 5 & 6 writing wise, it’s pretty awful from a logic point of view, but...for the most part it’s still entertaining, it has some awful sub plots but a few of the new characters are interesting enough, last weeks episodes kicked things up a good bit ready for fukkery overload for the last few weeks of the season

I think this shows biggest achievement so far is that they made Tariq somewhat likeable, but I’m not sure he actually is or it’s just everybody else is slightly more annoying than him since he no longer has more interesting and likeable people like Ghost or Tommy around

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Riq ain’t more likable. I’m still rooting against him, but can’t actually root for the people trying to bring him down because they’re even more WOAT - Saxe, Jabari, weak ass Yejada crew/Cane, gay breh extorting him over the app
Yeah this must be it :jbhmm:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Riq ain’t more likable. I’m still rooting against him, but can’t actually root for the people trying to bring him down because they’re even more WOAT - Saxe, Jabari, weak ass Tejada crew/Cane, gay breh extorting him over the app

Agreed, he's not more likeable. He's (predictably) acting just like his dad when it comes to people who actually care about him. But minus the likable qualities about Ghost.