Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Prob desperation. Power used to average over a million viewers per ep. This show hasn’t even had 1 episode hit a Milly.

by all estimates they’ve lost atleast half their viewers
This, I think they’re trying to keep as much flexibility as possible to keep most the cast on whichever show pops.

I know some people in here are loving Book 2 but reality is Riq doesn’t need his own show. Tommy could carry a show, not Riq...that’s how we’ve ended up with this half baked Tejada family. :ld:

I just looked at the ratings and yeah they have falling WAY off. This last episode did like 400k viewers. Power averaged like 1.1 million viewers in season 1 - 5. I expect the Kanan spin off to do worst than this one. Tommy is the only one who can carry a show and bring the original fans back. They have to regain the interest of those 700k people who stopped watching.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I just looked at the ratings and yeah they have falling WAY off. This last episode did like 400k viewers. Power averaged like 1.1 million viewers in season 1 - 5. I expect the Kanan spin off to do worst than this one. Tommy is the only one who can carry a show and bring the original fans back. They have to regain the interest of those 700k people who stopped watching.

alot of people legit dont like Tariq. They gotta ramp up the tomfoolery to create some viral moments to get people talking

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

That's partially because they let you watch it on Demand at midnight

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
4QD4vw.gif

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo! :dead:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How Effie gon just walk up to a random white boy on campus and be like, hey I think you need this, pull out some coke, and he be like yeah and buy the shyt:martin: Didn’t even discuss a price:martin: That’s not how this shyt work:martin:
That’s part of what Tariq was schooling her on to look out for who need :manny: And he said shyts a premium so up charge.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That’s part of what Tariq was schooling her on to look out for who need :manny: And he said shyts a premium so up charge.

That part had me smh too. This nikka Tariq like I got you, I’m gonna put you on. She like bet. Then this nikka buss out on some, ok, you wanna look for students who are overworked...:beli:

I would have been like, nikka I thought you had the clientele lined up:dahell: Effie ain’t no rookie, she don’t need no generic ass advice like that. nikka you slanging all this other shyt on campus and can’t plug her in for real? I got all this coke and you talking bout walking up to random students:dahell: nikka that shyt hot as fukk.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That part had me smh too. This nikka Tariq like I got you, I’m gonna put you on. She like bet. Then this nikka buss out on some, ok, you wanna look for students who are overworked...:beli:

I would have been like, nikka I thought you had the clientele lined up:dahell: Effie ain’t no rookie, she don’t need no generic ass advice like that. nikka you slanging all this other shyt on campus and can’t plug her in for real? I got all this coke and you talking bout walking up to random students:dahell: nikka that shyt hot as fukk.
:russ: Facts. He shoulda just put the white boy on and had Effie be they worker and just sit back and collect. And he shoulda just told white boy that his girl was the feds and was tryna set them up. It’s Power tho, they gon take the path with the most resistance lmao.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
I think it’s the gay stuff scaring people off
That definitely is a big part of it. But nobody wants a lead character that requires bad writing just to stay alive.

2bit gets out and wants $$ or you dead? In walks Effie with a easy bag

Kane won’t put hands on Tariq himself for some weird reason, hires goons that use knives, Tariq can’t defend himself? In walks 2bit

the solution to all his problems is somebody saving him

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That definitely is a big part of it. But nobody wants a lead character that requires bad writing just to stay alive.

2bit gets out and wants $$ or you dead? In walks Effie with a easy bag

Kane won’t put hands on Tariq himself for some weird reason, hires goons that use knives, Tariq can’t defend himself? In walks 2bit

the solution to all his problems is somebody saving him
I don’t even look that deep into the writing of power it’s never been good to me