Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This teacher storyline is the WOAT. I don't give one fukk about any of these clowns.

And there is nothing remotely intimidating about the Tejeda's operations...this looks like some mom and pop shop with like 4 employees, and they're all family members :gucci:

They get their product from like a middle man :heh:

Only power they have is behind bars it seems

don’t even have a Julio or even a 2bit

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
-They really had Zay from Girl Meets World come to this show as a drug dealer trying to kill people with a box cutter. :mjlol: I'm glad he's still getting work, though.

-Jabari is sexually active, but he moves like an incel. Also, he's a manipulator, a hack, and a loser which is crazy because he has the ability not to be any of those things. It's weird because the show at least tried in the beginning to make him respectable, but now, he's arguably the least likable character on the show. I'll give the Power writers credit, they know how to make you hate someone.

-Diana >>>>>>>> Lauren, this episode made it more noticeable than any other one. In terms of attractiveness, not personality. I keep seeing people say that Lauren is like Angela and Diana is like Tasha. I actually think that makes a lot of sense. Just as long as they don't make me want to see Diana get killed.

-Despite what I said about episode five, Tariq has been written far better on this show than the original Power. He actually feels like a human being and they're putting an effort into making you root for him. However, if he goes to jail for killing Ghost, I'll be like :ehh: because he had it coming for a long time. It's like the last season of BoJack Horseman. It's cool that the main character tried reforming and going down a more positive path, but all that bullshyt they did in the past doesn't just get erased. It all comes back around. If it happened to Ghost, it has to happen to Tariq.

-I felt bad for the guys at the church getting robbed. They really give religious people the business on this show. :mjcry:

-Paz is an easily manipulated idiot that just needs to be led to whatever conclusion you need her to get to. I was getting flashbacks of her shytty solo episode earlier this year, but she wasn't nearly as irritating as she usually is. Still, of all the characters to make a comeback, she was at the bottom of the list.

-Zeke wants to tell his mother about the professor he's sleeping with? No wonder he needs Tariq to write his papers, he wouldn't know what to do with them. :dead:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just want Tariq to end up with the good girl like his pops was trying to do.

although technically both are good since Diana is being forced into her role. The fact that Lauren has absolutely no connection to it is more appealing

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I just want Tariq to end up with the good girl like his pops was trying to do.

although technically both are good since Diana is being forced into her role. The fact that Lauren has absolutely no connection to it is more appealing

If he anything like his daddy, these hoes gonna be his downfall and he gonna end up dead by the end of the show

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
This teacher storyline is the WOAT. I don't give one fukk about any of these clowns.

And there is nothing remotely intimidating about the Tejeda's operations...this looks like some mom and pop shop with like 4 employees, and they're all family members :gucci:
This is power. Courtney does a great job of selling the drama especially as it pertains to love drama etc but she has always left much to be desired in selling the grit and gangsta and ruthlessness of a organization or person. Both tommy and ghost were better known as fools in love than actually feared respected in the streets guys like say a Avon Barksdale or a gustavo fring from breaking bad.

I'm still enjoying the season but overall power will never be a gangsta show for real.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Who is the chick that visited Tariq with the Gucci bag. I forgot.