Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly you got a white boy that is out of place and obviously ain't got no protection with a whole bunch of product that they could of sold themselves. But they give this nikka props and give him customers and they dap it up like its all cool and shyt. Don't make no damn sense. :mindblown:
Well its obvious hes a people person

:mjlol:

:troll:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
The show has entirely too many storylines going on at the same time. It’s rather difficult to take the Tejada family serious when the writers have failed to properly devote time show the layers/hierarchy of their organization. That’s what I miss about the original Power series. The side characters this season are just falling flat.

Also Tasha is on trial, but the stakes just don’t feel high enough with everything else going on in the show. It’s supposed to be the main focus of the season, but literally just feels like side content to fill time. I’m curious as to see how 2-Bit finds a way to get in touch with Tommy and relays information which I would assume will bring him back into the fold before the season ends.

the Tasha storyline is basically not even needed since Monet is basically the anti-Tasha who Tasha wished she could be. Gonna be interesting watching her son Tasha like one of her kids lol

But this show could’ve been all-Tariq fukkery with no Tasha and have her be a guest star or literally be in jail forever waiting for an appeal.

Right now you got a lot going on here
- Tariq pushing pills and weed
- Tariq being a student
- Tariq juggling two chicks
- Tariq partnering with Lorenzo and Monet

Then the other shyt
- Gay ass Dru
- Davis being a shady lawyer
- The two professors basically are sex addicts
- a star bball player who we never see yet he’s NBA material lol
- Saxe being slimy as ever
- Saxe’s niece being Holly 2.0 but in a whole other way
- Diana and Lauren mini Cold War brewing and Tariq not even clapping them cheeks lol

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
the Tasha storyline is basically not even needed since Monet is basically the anti-Tasha who Tasha wished she could be. Gonna be interesting watching her son Tasha like one of her kids lol

But this show could’ve been all-Tariq fukkery with no Tasha and have her be a guest star or literally be in jail forever waiting for an appeal.

Right now you got a lot going on here
- Tariq pushing pills and weed
- Tariq being a student
- Tariq juggling two chicks
- Tariq partnering with Lorenzo and Monet

Then the other shyt
- Gay ass Dru
- Davis being a shady lawyer
- The two professors basically are sex addicts
- a star bball player who we never see yet he’s NBA material lol
- Saxe being slimy as ever
- Saxe’s niece being Holly 2.0 but in a whole other way
- Diana and Lauren mini Cold War brewing and Tariq not even clapping them cheeks lol

Just because the show is taking place mainly on a college campus doesn't mean that you have to add CW/One Tree Hill level storylines to the mix lol. They are literally emulating the same tropes that a lot of shows fall into when they take place in high school/college.

I do wonder what happened to caused them to move away from the nudity clauses in the contracts just like the OG Power series had. I know the professor lady was on This Is Us previously so maybe she didn't want to fukk her future bag and reappearance by getting nude. There's no way all of those storylines will/should be tied up in four episodes. Even the Tasha storyline should carry over into next season as you realistically wouldn't have a verdict that soon. With that being said, I do think she is getting clipped by Tommy at seasons end, which even that defeats the purpose of how he left in the OG Power series. He should have just clipped when he had the chance and got rid of Saxe. That way you could just started the spinoff on a fresh slate.

This is season is literally Power Season 6.5

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Just because the show is taking place mainly on a college campus doesn't mean that you have to add CW/One Tree Hill level storylines to the mix lol. They are literally emulating the same tropes that a lot of shows fall into when they take place in high school/college.

I do wonder what happened to caused them to move away from the nudity clauses in the contracts just like the OG Power series had. I know the professor lady was on This Is Us previously so maybe she didn't want to fukk her future bag and reappearance by getting nude. There's no way all of those storylines will/should be tied up in four episodes. Even the Tasha storyline should carry over into next season as you realistically wouldn't have a verdict that soon. With that being said, I do think she is getting clipped by Tommy at seasons end, which even that defeats the purpose of how he left in the OG Power series. He should have just clipped when he had the chance and got rid of Saxe. That way you could just started the spinoff on a fresh slate.

This is season is literally Power Season 6.5

whole damn show could be Tariq in college + the Lorenzo/Monet crew with the Simon Stern bussy boy since him and Tariq are technically partners.

the amount of college shyt alone could fill 4 seasons easily and make you show how Tariq eventually evolves the app and starts pushing at other schools. Maybe one of the professors eventually figured out what he’s doing but can’t say shyt because the professor has a has a shady past or was once helped by Ghost back in Queens.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
whole damn show could be Tariq in college + the Lorenzo/Monet crew with the Simon Stern bussy boy since him and Tariq are technically partners.

the amount of college shyt alone could fill 4 seasons easily and make you show how Tariq eventually evolves the app and starts pushing at other schools. Maybe one of the professors eventually figured out what he’s doing but can’t say shyt because the professor has a has a shady past or was once helped by Ghost back in Queens.

I'm even fine with them using 2-Bit as the link to the OG Power series with him maybe knowing Caine from his past.

The show did have a picture of Lorenzo posted on a bulletin board back in season 3 I believe? So he has been shown before. Something has to tie the shows together as the Tejada family still seems to be oblivious of the St. Patrick name and know nothing of him. Not referring to Ghost identity, but of the family in general.

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
Is it me or does anyone see the weird racial undertones of this episode black men with guns aiming them at Whiteman robbing them something sus with this shyt

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm even fine with them using 2-Bit as the link to the OG Power series with him maybe knowing Caine from his past.

The show did have a picture of Lorenzo posted on a bulletin board back in season 3 I believe? So he has been shown before. Something has to tie the shows together as the Tejada family still seems to be oblivious of the St. Patrick name and know nothing of him. Not referring to Ghost identity, but of the family in general.
Huh what bullentin?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Huh what bullentin?

Months back on Power Reddit, someone had posted a photo from season 3 where Saxe and gang had Lorenzo’s photo posted on their bulletin board along with other suspects.

It didn’t have a name listed, but it was definitely the actor. Wasn’t connected to Ghost or any of his organization. Completely separate.