[Official] PlayStation state of play announced for Oct. 27th 2021

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do people expect in the SoP? I'll be getting up for 5 am to watch it as I'm on holiday this week.

What has been confirmed:

-> Little Devil Inside (Sony confirmed)

-> Hogwarts Legacy (via an insider on twitter)

And that's it? It's supposed to be heavy on third party, so I guess we can't expect much/any of Sony's first party stuff, and there has already been a lot of Horizon/Gran Turismo info this week. What I guess we actually see:

-> Ghostwire Tokyo (a cert imo)

-> Forspoken (50-50 on this - we've already seen a lot of this, but that didn't stop Sony from putting Deathloop, Godfall etc in every SoP possible)

-> FF XVI (little chance of this imo; FFXIV is the focus for SE right now, and Yoshi P said we'll see this game close to release, which is still a way off imo)

-> Pragmata (I guess it's possible? Capcom fiscal report is coming soon, Sony have the marketing rights etc - still low chance imo, game must be a long way off)

-> Helldivers 2 (Sony own the IP and the reveal has been coming ages - think we'll see this)

After that I'm not sure, guess we might see Avengers and FNAF stuff that I don't care about. TBH Hogwarts Legacy and Helldivers 2 is more than enough for me. Ghostwire Tokyo as well.

Any opinions?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m cool with little devil inside.

Hope that we get some FF XVI but if not its kind of whatever.

I think it will be mostly boring stuff i don’t care about, like CoD, Spider-man Avengers, Tiny Tina, and whatever

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There doesn’t seem to be hype around this from industry insiders :patrice:

I remember during the last Sony showcase there was a lot of hint hint this is gonna be great from insiders, but nothing this time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There doesn’t seem to be hype around this from industry insiders :patrice:

I remember during the last Sony showcase there was a lot of hint hint this is gonna be great from insiders, but nothing this time.

Yeah. Not only no fake leaks but no one from sony/industry hyping it. I feel like if big games like Hogwarts or final fantasy were gonna be there they’d be telling you to tune in.

Seems like this is a 3rd party marketing obligation dump like the july state of play

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. Not only no fake leaks but no one from sony/industry hyping it. I feel like if big games like Hogwarts or final fantasy were gonna be there they’d be telling you to tune in.

Seems like this is a 3rd party marketing obligation dump like the july state of play

An 'insider' already said Hogwarts would be at it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
An 'insider' already said Hogwarts would be at it.

giphy.gif