Official Persona games discussion thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Need remakes of the 1st 2 Persona games. Conceptually they were so far ahead of their times in terms of story and some of the gameplay elements were in their infancy.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Most of the ideas and concepts actually go back to the original Shin Megani Tensei games particularly If...

I beat those about ten years ago on an emulator and translation patches. The difficulty and random encounter rate eventually make you feel like you're having a fever dream.

Oddly fitting.

Persona 1 was one of the first Playstation games I bought as a kid when it was Revealations Persona. I bought solely off of the cover and the back summary. Back when that was a thing before widespread home internet.

Always considered it a gem despite the insane localizations and the difficulty of it. It just had this otherworldy feel to it. It was unlike any JRPG that had hit the states up to that point.

Reiji/Chris is a real one.

The Persona 2 duology is my favorite Persona entry. I bought Eternal Punishment when it came out to bring back that demonic feeling. I wasnt able to play Innocent Sin (thanks Adolf, thanks homophobes) until many years late when it was fan translated.

That was a big deal for this 36 year old, old man.

The Megaten universe quickly solidified itself as my second favorite video game franchise of all time.

Mark danced crazy.

You were 36 then or 36 now?

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
You ain't that old then breh.

I know.

I'm just saying that my personal experience covers the begining and middle eras of the Megaten franchise in their original formats. I'm assuming most people here started with Persona 3 or later. Especially now that its a power house.

I would have said I'm an OG who started when Megaten was a dirty Japanese secret being supressed by American censors but that would make me a douche.

Mark danced crazy.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:stopitslime: No way we get 6 next year right?

Never forget

1IzKy55_d.webp

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
takes these bums 8 years to release another mainline :why: who wants a p3 remake?