Official Persona games discussion thread

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I tried to play Persona but that game is way too archaic. I would play a remake that updated the game to modern gameplay standards.

It really is. :pachaha: This is something for JRPG heads that are into the retro-styled format because if someone had only played JPRGs that came out in this decade or last, they'd be thrown off completely by this.

You can see where the ideas started and what elements Atlus decided to keep and elevate even further, but it's for sure not the same Persona game most would be familiar with. If they made a remake of this, they'd have do a complete remake from the ground up, even in terms of the plot. In fact, you may as well call it a reboot due to how much work that'd go into it.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
It takes them 10 years to drop a new game. But im supposed to believe they remaking 2 of them plus part 6?:stopitslime:
It'll be announced this summer and release in 2026 and 2028 respectively. :troll:

P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg

NotAHotep

Pro
Daps
Replaying P5R on the XSX and I forgot how unlikeable Morgana was in the first half of the game.

Okumura’s palace is still woat.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
It really is. :pachaha: This is something for JRPG heads that are into the retro-styled format because if someone had only played JPRGs that came out in this decade or last, they'd be thrown off completely by this.

You can see where the ideas started and what elements Atlus decided to keep and elevate even further, but it's for sure not the same Persona game most would be familiar with. If they made a remake of this, they'd have do a complete remake from the ground up, even in terms of the plot. In fact, you may as well call it a reboot due to how much work that'd go into it.

Most of the ideas and concepts actually go back to the original Shin Megani Tensei games particularly If...

I beat those about ten years ago on an emulator and translation patches. The difficulty and random encounter rate eventually make you feel like you're having a fever dream.

Oddly fitting.

Persona 1 was one of the first Playstation games I bought as a kid when it was Revealations Persona. I bought solely off of the cover and the back summary. Back when that was a thing before widespread home internet.

Always considered it a gem despite the insane localizations and the difficulty of it. It just had this otherworldy feel to it. It was unlike any JRPG that had hit the states up to that point.

Reiji/Chris is a real one.

The Persona 2 duology is my favorite Persona entry. I bought Eternal Punishment when it came out to bring back that demonic feeling. I wasnt able to play Innocent Sin (thanks Adolf, thanks homophobes) until many years late when it was fan translated.

That was a big deal for this 36 year old, old man.

The Megaten universe quickly solidified itself as my second favorite video game franchise of all time.

Mark danced crazy.

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
25hrs into Strikers I'm loving this more and more. I need another game with the squad :mjcry:

On my inbetween times I'm playing P3P on the Switch, that game is dark as fukk but I fukks with it so far. Never played P4G either that's next up.