Official NOPE Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not only that. It takes real black trauma and uses it as entertainment fodder. The racism we deal with shouldn't be... used as a gag in a horror movie. Get Out was cool, I loved that. But it seems that all the black horror shows and movies since then from Lovecraft to that show done by Lena Waithe are pushing it beyond the pail.

Don't use real life issues that are currently hurting us as entertainment for white folks. They're being racist towards us and then afterwards, they go to the movies and watch a movie that makes a joke or gag out of them being racist towards us. Nah.

Do jews have horror movies about Hitler? And I dunno, maybe they do. But even if they did, Hitler is gone and Nazi Germany is gone.

We're still dealing with racist devils in America. That's not a thing of the past. It's something we're currently dealing with and facing as we speak. Don't minimalize it by spoofing it in a horror movie.

my issue is black creativity is dead. Story telling at least for people kf West African descent is part of our DNA, and it seems like that ability has gone away (look at music too). We suffer from “Belly” syndrome where now with technology we are all style but zero substance (the movies look damn good, and we dont have the low budget feel anymore but the substance is non existence).