Official NOPE Thread

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
He didn’t.

He wasn’t involved creatively with running the show nor writing.
He was involved in making sure the show got off the ground and was completed.

He also prolly had a hand in sourcing the talent.

Ultimately he attached himself to something that even during development he should have recognized would not go over well.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
He was involved in making sure the show got off the ground and was completed.

He also prolly had a hand in sourcing the talent.

Ultimately he attached himself to something that even during development he should have recognized would not go over well.
Was Lovecraft Country produced by Monkeypaw Productions? Yup.

Did Peele have any input on its scripts and direction? Nope.

So I’m not too sure how that is relevant here. You might as well bring up the rest of the shows and films the company has produced. Doesn’t really have any correlation on whether his next directorial will be either good or bad though.

Last edited:
Daps
because it's not about artistry lol more so about generating think pieces and the commentary is for white folks

Not only that. It takes real black trauma and uses it as entertainment fodder. The racism we deal with shouldn't be... used as a gag in a horror movie. Get Out was cool, I loved that. But it seems that all the black horror shows and movies since then from Lovecraft to that show done by Lena Waithe are pushing it beyond the pail.

Don't use real life issues that are currently hurting us as entertainment for white folks. They're being racist towards us and then afterwards, they go to the movies and watch a movie that makes a joke or gag out of them being racist towards us. Nah.

Do jews have horror movies about Hitler? And I dunno, maybe they do. But even if they did, Hitler is gone and Nazi Germany is gone.

We're still dealing with racist devils in America. That's not a thing of the past. It's something we're currently dealing with and facing as we speak. Don't minimalize it by spoofing it in a horror movie.