Official NOPE Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Keke looks like she's acting in a Key and Peele skit :francis:

I know Jordan trying to look out for her, but the acting was on point for his 1st couple of features. I hope she brings it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Idk why nikkas didn’t fw “Us” like that, Peele is 2/2 in my book so far :yeshrug: ready for this
I loved it. There were definitely a couple plot holes, but it was really fun.

Also, I think Peele should be allowed a little bit of room to grow. He's only directed 2 movies so far. I think that's a gift and curse if your first drop is well received. Any mistakes after that and people will say you fell off, or were never as good to begin with as people said. It happens in all sorts of art forms.

He tried something very different with US...way more traditional horror as opposed to just a psychological thriller.

I can't wait for Nope. Also, I get this sort of feeling from it the poster. Juni Ito's The Hanging Balloons

Token Moltisanti

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central

Also, I think Peele should be allowed a little bit of room to grow. He's only directed 2 movies so far. I think that's a gift and curse if your first drop is well received. Any mistakes after that and people will say you fell off, or were never as good to begin with as people said. It happens in all sorts of art forms.

He tried something very different with US...way more traditional horror as opposed to just a psychological thriller.

I can't wait for Nope. Also, I get this sort of feeling from it the poster. Juni Ito's The Hanging Balloons
That’s what I think too, no matter what followed Get Out was gonna be criticized in my opinion

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

It’s wild how folks are labeling Peele a bust this early when a lot of great directors have had slow starts. He’s had a better start so far than most. Media sticking his name in front of projects like Lovecraft Country, Candyman, and that Twilight Zone revival is making folks think he directed those projects which wasn’t the case.

This feels like it’s going to be Peele’s own twist on extraterrestrial terror but I’d be ecstatic if he were to do something like The Hanging Balloons. After seeing the reception to Midsommar though, there’s no doubt in my mind mainstream audiences would be absolutely terrified of Ito’s work on the big screen. His work adapted and Jodorowsky directing a film today would be :dead:as far as reception goes. Folks still ain’t ready for that level of fukkery.