Official NOPE Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Wow people didn’t like this? I don't get it :patrice:
I can definitely see why, that’s why I’m throwing daps to both sides. There’s a tonal shift towards the middle that makes it feel like two separate films, and the concept twist with the alien alone can have folks feeling iffy. I loved it personally.

I think Peele could’ve easily taken this film in a darker direction, horror-wise, in the last act but I’m happy with the fun thriller we ended up getting. It’s a genre-bender that gave me the best of both worlds and a lot of the times I admired just how well Jordan can build up suspense in his scenes. Cast and its story towards the end showcased a lot of heart on some Spielberg ish, which felt pretty fitting for a summer blockbuster.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I think Peele could’ve easily taken this film in a darker direction, horror-wise, in the last act but I’m happy with the fun thriller we ended up getting. It’s a genre-bender that gave me the best of both worlds and a lot of the times I admired just how well Jordan can build up suspense in his scenes. Cast and its story towards the end showcased a lot of heart on some Spielberg ish, which felt pretty fitting for a summer blockbuster.

It felt like an ode to Spielberg's summer blockbusters, especially "Jaws" and "War of the Worlds." Felt like there was a lil "ET" and "Goonies" in there too. JP paying tribute to a legend a la JJ Abrams with "Super 8."

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Even a grand and intimidating entity like Jean Jacket can fall in the silliest, most unceremonious ways. It really do be like that in life. :dead:
They were setting that up via the filmmakers scenes, he kept watching predators get taken out by "lesser" creatures (lion got got by a snake, king crab by a small octopus or something).