Essential Official Netflix Thread

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm late with this one.

EXCLUSIVE: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, whose fourth season premieres May 30, will be ending its run on Netflix, I have learned. I hear that the Internet network and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt producer Universal Television are in talks for a movie that would bring the praised series to an end.

The movie would be written by series co-creators Tina Fey and Robert Carlock after they wrap work on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt‘s upcoming fourth season, which is currently in production. Netflix and Uni TV declined comment.

As recently announced, Season 4 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt will launch in two parts. The first, consisting of six episodes, will be available May 30, with the remaining seven episodes premiering at a later date. Netflix earlier today released a first-look image from the new season.

uks_401_unit_00839r.jpg

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, starring Ellie Kemper, Tituss Burgess, Jane Krakowski and Carol Kane, has been an important series for Netflix. The streaming service swooped in and picked up the single-camera comedy, originally piloted and given a 13-episode series order by NBC, with a two-season pickup ahead of its debut on the broadcast network. The move gave Netflix instant credibility in the half-hour space by bringing into the fold one of the most celebrated comedy creators of this decade, Tina Fey.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, the first ongoing original half-hour comedy series to debut on Netflix, has been among the streaming giant’s most acclaimed shows. To date, it has earned 16 Primetime Emmy Award nominations, including a best series nom for each of its first three seasons. The comedy also quickly entered the cultural zeitgeist with pop culture parodies and songs like “Pinot Noir” that have amassed sizable followings on social media.

netflix-logo-print_cmyk.jpg

But after four seasons and over 50 episodes, word is that everyone felt it was time to end the series. In addition to her busy career in TV and film, Fey recently ventured into theater with the Mean Girls musical landing 12 Tony nominations earlier this week.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
You can sign the cast of Jessica Jones to hands up records, there will be some discussion about decisions made in the Jessica Jones thread.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
So I finally finished that documentary Flint Town, (took me forever) but it is hot garbage.
I thought it would be about the people of Flint, the water crisis (the origins of that) and how the community is coping etc.

But instead all 8 episodes are about the fukken Flint police. :martin:
The whole show is basically mofos whining about how they are underpaid, don't have any police cars etc. I am like who gives a fukk when people are being poisoned.

Notable episode is how the police react to the guy in Houston who killed a cop vs the guy who was sitting in his car and was killed by police.
One of the bytch officers was even like, "her boyfriend got shot and the first thing she does is capture video".

Show is fukken terrible, would not recommend.

Yes its a bit random, all over the place - the water issue was like a side issue

There were a few :mjpls: moments and remarks from the white cops