Essential Official Netflix Thread

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not for nothing, I thought I could do p-no. That shyt showed me I can’t. All of them are more fukked in the head than I thought. You gotta be wired differently to do that shyt.

Yea it was actually pretty good, but definitely could see dude had some demons

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Yea it was actually pretty good, but definitely could see dude had some demons
That story he told about him and the old lady after His Mom died had me like :picard:
Also seeing Abella something or the other outside of a scene. Chick seems hollow as fukk on the inside.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That story he told about him and the old lady after His Mom died had me like :picard:
Also seeing Abella something or the other outside of a scene. Chick seems hollow as fukk on the inside.

:russ:I was going to mention that in my other post, also how he was still married and casually dropped that he went to see trannies

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The title intrigues me for some reason. :lolbron:
They had me at Michelle Dockery and Jeff Bridges. Michelle Dockery been killing it on TNT GooD Behavior, which is probably my show of the year. and Jeff Bridges twilight career has been very entertaining, but he will accept a check.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Spike Lee: why he brought back ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ on Netflix

November 22, 2017 Interviews, Television.​
facebook.png
twitter.png

shes-gotta-have-it1.jpg

“She’s Gotta Have It” starring DeWanda Wise as Nola Darling. CREDIT: Netflix
Posted Wednesday, November 22, 2017 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog
Spike Lee
never envisioned revisiting his 1986 indie film “She’s Gotta Have it,” which was groundbreaking by focusing on a single black woman who was unapologetically dating three dudes at once.
ADVERTISING
But his wife Tonya Lewis Lee had other ideas. She convinced him give the film a modernized twist via television, enabling him to delve deeper into the characters while maintaining its distinctive, vibrant style. Netflix will release the 10 episodes to subscribers on Thanksgiving. His wife was also an executive producer and several female writers contributed to the expanded story lines.
“She had the vision I didn’t have,” said Lee, a 1979 Morehouse College graduate who recently visited Spelman College to give advice to undergraduates and talk about the new Netflix series. (His mom and grandmother graduated Spelman.) “I did it already. She said, ‘You should think about bringing this back and make it contemporary. We ran with it. I’m very grateful Netflix stepped up.”
He said this is, in a way, a five-hour movie and given how people view shows on Netflix, that’s not a far-off statement. And to ensure continuity, he directed all ten episodes. “That was not a discussion,” said the famously hands-on Lee.
And as a filmmaker, he didn’t change his approach for what is conceived as “TV” on Netflix. “We’re making cinema,” he said, “not a TV show.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So we are going to forget CHiraq ever happened. So if you look at the original She Gotta have it (which should be considered decades ahead of its time now), Girl 6, She hate me and a few other joints. Spike will be bringing something here.

Kerry Washington's portrayal in SHe hate me is probably one of the Top 5 female characters of all time. SHe was pressed to get what she wanted. The plan was supposed to work this way but since you're an idiot, I got to break it down for you and give it to you in doses. She was pressed.​