Essential Official Netflix Thread

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
latest

I'm mad at myself for sleeping on this, 5* easily.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
So I started watching season 2 of From Dusk Till Dawn...got like 5 minutes into it and stopped.

I don't know if I even care.

The first season (3/5) was only really fun because I'm such a fan of the movie and it was fun noting the similarities and differences between them, and seeing how they would stretch out the story. But season 2 isn't gonna have that and I don't know if I can be bothered. Anyone a fan of this?

Started watching Darknet..... shyt is actually dope. Hope they drop a season 2 soon.
Darknet (3/5) was a fun little anthology show. Nothing spectacular, but iirc, there is only like 6 half-hour episodes...No reason not to finish it.

It's certainly better than those horrible V/H/S sequels. Most of its short stories are also better than most of the stuff in ABC's of Death.

BTW, don't watch Cropsey (2/5) fukking boring. Goes nowhere.

Last edited:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Oh and I rewatched this like 2 days ago :

gBJVwij.jpg

(5/5)

If you haven't seen it...you gotta give it a go. It's Kubrick for christ sakes!

It's one of my faves, seen it multiple times, so nothing new here, just wanted to take it all in again.

It seems that it's one of Kubrick's least popular films....:manny: I disagree, this movie has so much going on on a subtextual level. Comments on issues like marriage, infidelity, consumerism, elitism, sex, love, family, secrecy...all wrapped into a fukking bizarre plot dealing with...I won't spoil it for those that have never seen it. The performances are great. Regardless of what you think of her, Kidman really can go (And I have to say, she has a nice bod, although, not necessarily the best bod in this movie). Cruise shines (as usual). Side-characters keep up with them.

The resolution is perfect to me. The explanation given can be taken at face value...and it you buy it, it works and doesn't necessarily require much more to be questioned. But it's also ambiguous, and almost begs you to speculate on just what the fukk actually happened. I love this movie.

I feel like this is damn near the perfect movie for a lot of Coli brehs. It has a mixture of #GetMarriedBrehs with that Illuminati/conspiracy shyt that a lot of posters here are also into....:lolbron:

I'ma rewatch The Shining soon. These movies actually share a lot in common when you strip down the plot elements.

Last edited:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Since I'm reviewing shyt I've seen recently, might as well talk about a few other things as well :

WTJnr2T.jpg

(4/5)

Fun little horror comedy. Very self-aware, doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Manages to successfully deconstruct a couple of things with it's ending. There's a "whodunit"/mystery element to it. Maybe some people will guess what's happening from the jump, but me, I didn't really "get it" until it became blatantly obvious.

Movie relies on the lead actress, and she did the whole "angsty, young, tough delinquent chick" thing well. Maybe too silly for some? I dunno, I bought it.

BHfg7iN.jpg

(3/5)

It's put together well enough....but many have probably seen most of this before. Another attempt to deconstruct the zombie film. I can't say it's bad, but it didn't really stick with me at all or do anything unexpected. The couple of twist that are there are fairly predictable. It reminded me a lot of that Ethan Hawke movie Daybreakers, but lower budget, too serious, and zombies instead of vampires.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
brotherly love...some philly hood shyt ....withe keke palmer and lil romeo pretty good so far

How this nikka get the address. I could tell dude was a mole when he didn't show up on time to pick up ole girl.

It was alright. KeKe Palmer was looking thick at that ball :shaq:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
How this nikka get the address. I could tell dude was a mole when he didn't show up on time to pick up ole girl.

It was alright. KeKe Palmer was looking thick at that ball :shaq:
I don't know how I didn't figure it out throughout the movie.....as soon as they was dolo I figured it out lol

man she sure was....fukk!!!

Conz

Superstar
Daps
absolutely crushing Peep Show for the 2nd time. outside of Arrested, i think this is the funniest thing on Netflix

manning2nicks

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ive had the same Panasonic for over 5 years and got a vizio last month, when u get that new tv your going to feel like you've been living in a time warp

I just got a new smart tv yesterday...mind you i have a ps4 and im still like:ohhh: this is what ive been missing lol