Essential Official Netflix Thread

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California

A first glimpse of Netflix’s upcoming series “The Crown” was shown during the streaming service’s CES keynote on Wednesday morning.

The show is based on the award-winning play “The Audience” by Peter Morgan and tells the story of Queen Elizabeth II’s early reign. It also reunites Morgan with director Stephen Daldry and producer Andy Harries.

“‘The Crown’ is not only about the royal family but about an empire in decline, a world in disarray and the dawn of a new era,” Morgan said in a statement when the series was first announced. “I am beyond thrilled to be reunited with partners from film, theatre and television for this epic project and delighted to be working for the first time with Netflix.”

While Netflix has only picked up a first season of the show, they’ve said each season of “The Crown” would cover a decade of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign. The first will focus on her early years, when she is faced with the prospect of leading the monarchy as well as forging a friendship with then Prime Minister Winston Churchill.

“One has to ask oneself, what is the purpose of the crown?” Churchill, played by John Lithgow, asks in the trailer. “What is the purpose of the monarchy? That decision is yours to make.”

The 10-episode season of “The Crown” will premiere later in 2016. Claire Foy, Matt Smith, Lithgow, Victoria Hamilton, Jared Harris, Vanessa Kirby and Dame Eileen Atkins star.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Needed a filler show to just binge-watch so started Person of Interest.

I can see myself losing interest in this soon but it's not bad tbf:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
I still need to peep this:lupe:

giphy.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Oracle

Expat
Daps
Reppin
the world
does it get better later on in the season? cause I saw the first ep and nothing happened
It didn't really get much better IMO. There are some interesting parts, but for the most part the whole season was a snore until the end. Then shyt gets real if you haven't fallen asleep by then

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Has anyone started watching River yet? :lupe:

It looks to be highly rated. :ld:

@Ciggavelli you checked it out breh?
Funny thing, I literally started watching this tonight.:ohhh: I've finished the first two episodes. So far it's a good psychological drama. I'm gonna finish it up tonight (it's only 6 episodes long). I'll drop impressions in the River thread when I'm done.