Essential Official Netflix Thread

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Check out the documentary I Am Ali. Came out this year but I never knew about it, just randomly ran across it last night. shyt had me :mjcry: foreal one of my favorite flicks of the year, really hate that he is in the condition that he is in now.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Olympus Has Fallen was like the OG Die Hard on steroids...one of the best movies Ive seen so far on netflix
that was a fine "blow em up" action movie from what i remember (better than the other WH movie too) but this comment makes me sad for some reason. Just kinda shines a light on Netflix's weak ass selection

I watched some old shyt over the past week - Duck Soup and White Christmas, and I have to rant a bit...

Don't get me wrong, Duck Soup had plenty of funny gags and White Christmas was a nice nostalgic movie, etc... but at what point can we stop "respecting our elders" whille discussing movies like these? I'll never recommend Duck Soup to anyone just bc the Marx Brothers were originators. They've been long since improved upon... but if you say something like that to people, they call you an idiot. "How can you love comedy, but not love the Marx Brothers?!!!" I mean, they're funny. I'm sure it was incredible in 1930... but fukk do I care about the Marx Brothers? I was born in the 1980s. I'd rather watch an early Sandler movie than another Marx brothers movie. I hate that with movies like this you always have to preface your discussion by bowing down b/c they came first. If they didn't do it, someone else would have eventually. Same thing goes for every generation. You can shove "Animal House" up your ass, but I understand that for someone who was that age in the late 70s/early 80s it was the shyt. When someone from my generation says a movie like that is one of their favorites, I want to smack them and tell them to stop trying so hard.

end rant

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
Just finished Marco Polo..

.. shyt was piff, but so painfully :duck:when it comes to Marco Polo. :mjlol:

Have to please the audience, I know.. but they could have at least had Season 1 be all Genghis Khan, up to Kublai's birth..

with Marco Polo's dad's (or probably grandad, depending on timeline idk) :duck:adventures mixed in there as well. Then Season 2 could've been this. I'm not interested in such a high volume of :duck:.. it's the #MongolianExcellence that makes the show.. and Hundred Eyes :ohlawd::blessed: About to start Honorable Woman.

Last edited:

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
I've been on my Netflix shyt for the past couple of weeks (might as well get my money's worth anyway here's what I saw that i recommend the grades are more like entertaining not grading against shyt like godfather or good fellas so don't go crazy but the following are entertaining

JFK: The Smoking Gun -Documentary it was cool had some cool new evidence if you like this sort of "Who Done it" ----I give it a C+

Mr Untouchable - Nicky Barnes documentary nothing new here as far as info but great new commentary especially from nicky himself ---I give it a B

Inside the American Mob - It's a documentary with like 5 episodes i guess a season type thing....anyway very dope made new info/commentary i never heard/knew- A solid A i watched all back to back

Redemption- Classic Jason Statham flick dope concept I thoroughly enjoyed it ----B+

Whitey Usa Vs James J Bulger ---Super dope gangsta shyt with gritty detail solid A documentary

BMF The Rise and Fall of Hip hop- Pretty dope could've been done better imo - C+/B-

13 Sins - A sort of mind fukk/ Fresh concept entertaining - B+

The Iceman - I dude van olden from boardwalk shines in this joint very dope flick solid A