Official NBA Summer League Thread

SithLawd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Drops 4/2/2 and he’s all over ESPNs front page

You’d think he went 40/20/20 :dead:

This stupidity is gonna quietly build so much resentment from other players, breh is about to be food every time he steps on the court

Best thing for his actual basketball development would’ve been 4 years in college then g league then maybe a fringe roster spot

But LeThots ego wouldn’t allow it, he needed to force this father son moment for clicks

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
This is Pelinka's fault though, right? :pjlol:

It's a good thing we locked in an undersized No 3 and D player for 4 years though
523-35e677dd8b24.jpg

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I really want to see Bronny succeed but Lakers should have put him on a two way contract. They set him up for failure because the way he is playing he not getting any mins in the team.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I know English ain’t your 1st language ese, but having realistic expectations are what people should have

Bronny is a project who needs time. He def has tools. Create a good amount of space on his shots, has good hands, pretty quick.

I wanna see them develop him with the ball in his hands more in the G league
Its imperative that Bronny actually wants to have control of his project status.

His floor game wasnt terrible that first half, but as a pro...he's gotta make those open looks. And in the process he needs to want to implement things to develop his game.

Every player had a clean slate going into this game. Those other guys saw Bronny missing open shots & then resorting to being passive. Guys fighting for their basketball lives smelled blood and knew their was a lane to get mins. Its crucial next game Bronny comes out scoring or it'll just give other guys more confidence and it'll keep him in that passive state of mind. He better eat now cause come training camp nobody is giving him anything. He's gotta take these reps now. Tell other nikkas to push over and go get the ball from him. You kinda saw at the end Knecht said fukk all this shyt and started bringing the ball up.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I really want to see Bronny succeed but Lakers should have put him on a two way contract. They set him up for failure because the way he is playing he not getting any mins in the team.

No no no ....aint no "they set him up for failure"......Rich Paul went on a media campaign pre-draft to say Bronny wasnt doing a two way contract

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
No no no ....aint no "they set him up for failure"......Rich Paul went on a media campaign pre-draft to say Bronny wasnt doing a two way contract
Lakers got the say at the end of the day not Rich Paul. The hell he going to do, say Lebron leaving? :mjlol:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
TBF thats not like he still cant do GLeague. Thats more of a pay scale thing/taking up a roster spot. It hurts the Lakers more than it hurts Bronny.
casuals treat bronny like reed shepperd and reed shepperd like bronny :ehh: seeing the comments in real time has numbed my brain completely knowing that people really treat hoops like a cw storyline

Reed spent years being the man in Kentucky HS and it shows. Easy confidence in his game, many reps of success and plays within control. Even though he's not the best ball handler or driver of the basketball he's still done it consistently. Good fit for Houston.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
What skill set is that? A 6’2 guard who can’t play make or shoot has what skill set? If he had no relation to Bron, you’d be laughing with us.
Point of attack defense is solid, elite athleticism, he creates separation on his shot. I feel his shot release is too low though. Needs to work on that. Solid passser. He has good defensive instincts. Plays within himself. There is a good bit to like. But he is too undersized. That's why I feel he'll struggle in the nba.