Official Nas Thread

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Im gonna say this and dont beat me up guys..Life Is Good is the type of album you can walk out the game on. Personally i think he has one more good one. And i may be another year or two before we get another full LP. But dont be shocked if LiG is accidemtally his last true album. I see him comtinuing to drop tracks and music in various ways tho

Yeah, same here. LIG would be a great bookend to his career, but I wouldn't be shocked if he never dropped another official LP.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im gonna say this and dont beat me up guys..Life Is Good is the type of album you can walk out the game on. Personally i think he has one more good one. And i may be another year or two before we get another full LP. But dont be shocked if LiG is accidentally his last true album. I see him continuing to drop tracks and music in various ways tho
@ADP @H.S.
Life Is Good definitely won't be his departure album from making music. LIG is not his completion...it was the ending of a chapter in his life (marriage). Besides, Nas has too much respect and admiration for his fans to just cast them aside without a true THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE LOVE and updates of his steps to move the culture forward!

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
No mention lately about releasing an album for 2016. But he has been working on other HUGE projects: movies, tv shows and writing books(2017). Nas is setting his future up for greatness. He is really busy with his investment firm, label and production company. He will continue to be a creative force for the culture just not primarily through music...but music is coming(doubtful for 2016...you never know).

man, we might as well agree its an unannounced (album) retirement. I can understand it tho..

Im not mad

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
No read my above post. LIG is not an unannounced retirement album. Nas would never do that to this fans and that's a fact.

sidenote: on your gram, you put me on to that BJ the Chicago Kid! lol Never had heard of him before

you are hilarious

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No mention lately about releasing an album for 2016. But he has been working on other HUGE projects: movies, tv shows and writing books(2017). Nas is setting his future up for greatness. He is really busy with his investment firm, label and production company. He will continue to be a creative force for the culture just not primarily through music...but music is coming(doubtful for 2016...you never know).

Yeah, I just came to this conclusion yesterday, sadly. Nas is bigger than just the music now and that's cool. He ha so many classic and means so much in terms of realness in the game that he doesn't have to drop all the time. He'll drop when he is inspired to do so and has an album full of heat to share. My only wish was that he'd let go some of those older lost tapes. its been a minute sand it looks like we'll get an album worth of soundtrack singles and guest appearances before the album finally drops.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah LIG is dope and worthy of leaving the game on but I think Nas, ultimately loves getting his thoughts and opinions out us. I still think Nas could drop an incredible album full of street tales and murderous stories as long as the title of the album some how conveys that that's all it is... and that he not saying he lived all this shyt or that that's his current way of life. Weak ass Jay Z kinda did this with that American Gangster album.

Nas could give us the Lost Tapes though. @Life is Good... whats up with that?

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I appreciate the update for some reason I still feel like we are getting an album this year. He has a lot of projects dropping as far as movies and shows dropping later this summer. His buzz will be back as well. I Hope I'm right.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6

What's up with the book angle? Auto bio?

It's been 4 years since Life is Good. I think at this stage an album every 5 years from Nas is about right. He's doing so much now with entrepreneurship, sponsorships, even saw an intro he did for a tennis tournament....the Ghostbusters shyt...

Life is Good was a really mature album, and I look forward to seeing how his projects progress from that angle.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev