Official Nas Thread

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
If you feeling that Migos type flow, check 3rd verse Message to the Feds. Nas' flow dripping all over the beat.

I've been obsessed with this flow that Nas did since i first heard it. It's so much more polished that Southern mumble flow while still keeping the same type of cadence. I wish Nas would've run with it more. If he kept using that flow, he'd be considered the father of this type of flow.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I wrote a essay about how nas impacted me at a crucial time for The9elements.com

The “Stillmatic Freestyle” for a lot of people is just an artifact, the first direct shot in an epic war. To a fan of a certain age, Jay Z and Nas was the greatest rap battle of all time, their conflict provided hours of passionate arguments and two seminal albums. At one point and time Jay-Z was my favorite rapper; I loved his confidence and would listen to his music to psych myself up for any big event or challenge. As for Nas, I liked a song here or there, but wasn’t really moved by his albums. This article isn’t so much about them, but about a moment “Stillmatic Freestyle” captured in my life.

I was in a gifted program, in high school having received a lot of attention from my teachers as someone who had a lot of potential, but faced a lot of trouble in his home life. I got to college a week before 9/11 happened and can remember how much the city changed after that day. During that time a lot of my classmates who were from out of town, left the program and never came back. Having military solider posted in subway stations and fighter jets flying over the city in the weeks after didn’t feel like the city restoring order, but anticipating the next moment of chaos.

I contemplated dropping out of college and joining the military. I was no longer the smartest kid in the room or the one the teachers took instant interest in. There was girl I had meet a few months before the semester started, that coincidentally was also going to the same college. On my tribute to Nas, “Take It in Blood” I said one of my best days was 9/11, it was because I was with her. She was the reason I stayed in school that first semester, those four months even with all the uncertainty at school and within the city itself were some of the happiest times of my life.

check it out here

the9elements Presents: Memory Lane, "I See The World Collapsing"

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
5 Songs (in no order) to Enlightened a NEWBIE on our GOAT

1, It Ain't Hard to Tell
2. I Gave U Power
3. One Mic
4. Nas Is Like
5. Heaven

...and I barely scratched the the surface:lawd::banderas::myman:
Mine in no particular order:

Take It In Blood
It Ain't Hard To Tell
N.Y State of Mind
One Mic
The World is Yours

Honorable Mention: I Gave You Power, You're Da Man

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Couldn't hear it, quote some bars.

Keep having the same dream
About a mic, a gun, a cross
They all in the middle of flames
An hourglass of salt dripping down to its last grain
Hear a voice that asks what do I claim?
I ask what it means. It’s sort of a trance
As the planet Earth appears in the palm of my hands
I could do what I wish with it, and waking up
To study my dreambook, see if it links up
Looking for some significance
Like does the dream represent this cold world I’m living in?
Ask my man, then his laughter begun
He had the same dream, but in his, he grabbed the gun
Damn son! I told him in mine I took the mic
The cross, I had it all my life, the same height
I’m trying to sneak sleep, so that my mind won’t find out
Time out: my body won’t wind down

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
the mixtape is dificult to find