Official Nas Thread

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
Was bumping Untitled and noticed something...I asked myself "why do I feel like I was just listening to this recently?"
Mind you, havent heard it in years. Then it hit me, oh shyt...To Pimp a Butterfly...Nas did this already.
Its not the same muscially, but the amount of shared themes and ideas leads me to believe it cant be a coincidence.
Not saying there weren't any other influences (of course there were), but i feel K.Dot definitely peeped Untitled.
He saw that album cover...just saying.

Went through Distant Relatives...the fact Esco did an album with DAMIAN MARLEY...both of them said fukk the rules,
fukk the expectations, we're spitting TRUTH to the WORLD, touching on AFRICA! He creates his own lanes...takes the CRAZIEST RISK ever (so many people doubted) and fukking delivered WORK. Nuff' said.

*Also, if it wasnt for this collaboration, we probably would have never gotten Watch the Throne...Esco brehs:lawd:

Named his next HIGHLY ANTICIPATED record...Life is Good. He's so positive and real, its bananas...cause it ain't forced. He's still Nas. He's not lost, looking for himself, overly emotional, trying to find answers, etc.
Nas is super grounded...he's TBE.

But...lets be real...

The top dawgs are changing hip hop so radically, the god is only getting older and he's competiting with all these more popular, younger, HUNGRY emcees. This just might be Esco's last flame brehs. Some may argue that hes been diminished for sometime, but I promise you're simply bugging. But...can we even make a case that says hes still very much here in hip hop? I don't know if we can...

Will Esco prove himself like he did on Life is Good?

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

8DC0B451-DCC0-BFC7-92C211A3AD87AA42.jpg

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Went through Distant Relatives...the fact he did an album with DAMIAN MARLEY...both of them said fukk the rules, fukk the expectations, we spitting TRUTH to the WORLD, touching on AFRICA! He creates his own lanes...takes the CRAZIEST RISK ever (so many people doubted) and fukking delivered WORK. Nuff' said.
i listened to distant relatives again like last week, forgot how good that album is. i remember like last year there was talk of it and i said it was good and not a classic. i might have to change that up after listening again recently.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a feeling we will be eating real soon. I'm thinking the album will drop in June or July. That's when Life is Good came out in 2012. I honestly would prefer not to hear any singles, so that I can listen to the album in full.