Official Nas Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Song is dope AF, don't understand why someone would hate it. That classic Risin' To The Top sample :ahh:

Nas brought bars but Kelis and Claudette Ortiz on the hook
deandreohmy.gif

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I have never heard of that movie haha. How old is that?

It came out around 2001 - 02.

If it wasn't for me being such a huge fan of Elise Neal I prolly never would have checked
for this movie.....From what I've heard Elise Neal plays Nas' wife but eventually she turns dyke
in the movie the two clips below are the only things I've seen from this movie.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It came out around 2001 - 02.

If it wasn't for me being such a huge fan of Elise Neal I prolly never would have checked
for this movie.....From what I've heard Elise Neal plays Nas' wife but eventually she turns dyke
in the movie the two clips below are the only things I've seen from this movie.

I swear this looks like a Nigerian Nollywood movie :laff::laff:

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York

One of my favorite cuts from esco ever...the entire verse should be bold, honestly.

Low profile, rap style, slick as Nu Nile
Give the crew pounds
every time we cover new grounds

Still surviving but there's a few down,
back in the essence
I'm asking questions on the phone
with jail adolescents
Quiet confession, the system's
applying the pressure
My mind is guessing,
is living and dying a lesson?
But not to be obliged with the mirage
of cars take you off track
from what the gods focus on hard

Laid up, smoking cigars
motioning maids to bring me
toast and eggs Kosher,
ice chokers and wolves to smoke ya
My wisdom culture lives in ultra madness
devoted coach bag bytch
broke the average nikka's hopes
to get mad rich
But what's the purpose?
Only the Gods can watch the Earth twist
I'm physically trapped
down on the surface
With all the crack merchants,
snakes and serpents,
foul jakes they search us,
clowns with four pounds
this ain't a circus
:ohhh::wow::whoo::ohlawd:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
onelove.jpeg

Calgary's got its fair share of music festivals, from Sled Island to Folk Fest to X-Fest to Garbage Daze, but it hasn't had one exclusively devoted to hip-hop until now. Today, organizers have announced plans for the first-ever One Love Music Festival.

The event takes place at Calgary's Shaw Millennium Park on September 5, and it boasts a seriously impressive lineup.

The fest is headlined by J. Cole and Nas, who are joined by Machine Gun Kelly, Raekwon, Travis $cott and Wale.

The lineup is rounded out with appearances from Bas, Cozz, Evrlove Blake and Humble Giants. There's also an exclusive edition of the King of the Dot rap battle taking place at the event.

Limited pre-sale tickets for the One Love Music Festival will be available on Thursday (May 28) at the fest's official

http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/nas_j_cole_raekwon_hit_calgarys_one_love_music_festival

Last edited:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
One of my favorite cuts from esco ever...the entire verse should be bold, honestly.

Low profile, rap style, slick as Nu Nile
Give the crew pounds
every time we cover new grounds

Still surviving but there's a few down,
back in the essence
I'm asking questions on the phone
with jail adolescents
Quiet confession, the system's
applying the pressure
My mind is guessing,
is living and dying a lesson?
But not to be obliged with the mirage
of cars take you off track
from what the gods focus on hard

Laid up, smoking cigars
motioning maids to bring me
toast and eggs Kosher,
ice chokers and wolves to smoke ya
My wisdom culture lives in ultra madness
devoted coach bag bytch
broke the average nikka's hopes
to get mad rich
But what's the purpose?
Only the Gods can watch the Earth twist
I'm physically trapped
down on the surface
With all the crack merchants,
snakes and serpents,
foul jakes they search us,
clowns with four pounds
this ain't a circus
:ohhh::wow::whoo::ohlawd:

GO NAS..GO NAS....GO NAS ...GO NAS....This kids Nickelodeon crowd >>>>> Coachella crowds

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Life Festival 2015, Ireland

Security guard couldn't contain the feeling.

Nas review – rapper takes nostalgic tour through hip-hop perfection

O2 Academy, Glasgow

Tracks are more invoked than performed as the rapper revisits his influential album Illmatic, two decades on

Fresh start? Nas at O2 Academy, Glasgow. Photograph: Ross Gilmore/Redferns
Malcolm Jack

Wednesday 3 June 2015 09.32 EDTLast modified on Wednesday 3 June 201509.33 EDT

Shares
Comments

Nas’s 1994 debut album, Illmatic – a gritty document of Queens, New York, in the pits of a crack epidemic, characterised by complex rhymes over a haze of vintage funk, soul, and jazz samples – is hip-hop perfection. Huge sales, critical acclaim, academic books andan Oscar-tipped documentary have elevated it to near-mythical status.

The tone is slightly off from the start. Why, for instance, is Tim Westwood, the court jester of hip-hop, supporting at this plays-in-full show? (The audience boos, then cheers as his decks are removed from the stage.) But then there was never any foolproof approach for Nas to revisit a record so profoundly of its time. One-take wonder NY State of Mind marked a 20-year-old rapper’s arrival as a fearless, charismatic new force – well before his beef with Jay Z, divorce from Kelis and hit-and-miss later material – and is performed here with prosaic footage from cult 1970s exploitation movie The Warriors flickering in the background.

While certain tracks aren’t so much performed as merely invoked, the atmosphere remains deafeningly reverential. The crowd roar not only at the hooks to Halftime and Represent, but any time when DJ Green Lantern dips the fader. There’s a surreal moment before It Ain’t Hard to Tell, when Nas thanks Michael Jackson for letting him sample Human Nature, and insists we pause to listen to the original while admiring a picture of a young, afro-ed MJ.

Illmatic dispatched, we get another 40 minutes of material – much of it so-so – that brings Nas’s career up to date, though it does include heavyweights such as thug-life brag The Message and a floor-quaking If I Ruled the World (Imagine That). Evidently reluctant to be made a waxwork quite yet, Nas hails tonight’s nostalgia trip as feeling “like a fresh start” before closing with throwaway party bounce The Don, and leaves promising new music this year.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...kes-nostalgic-tour-through-hip-hop-perfection

O2 Academy Glasgow

Last edited: