Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that interview is many months old.

Ok so that means we are a little bit closer to him talking about it. He must be cooking up another classic because they've been real hush hush...

and for us Lost Tapes heads, I keeps saying it, the longer it takes NaS to work on the album, the more lost tapes there will be. Unfortunately for us, the leftovers from this album and the last (LIG) are gonna be harder for us to get unless they leak it. These tapes are Def Jams and not bound by the Def Jam Sony deal so, unless leaked, we won't get these unless Def Jam releases them.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You'll set yourself up for disappointed :francis:

I wouldn't be disappointed. I'd be happy but I am going off the details that I heard about his contract which was that Sony so-owns the rights to NaS first two albums with Def Jams (and all their sessions) and Def Jam will solely own the last two. Since Sony is the distributing partner with Mass Appeal for the Lost Tapes 2, it would seem as though Nas has access to all of his Sony vaults and all the Def Jam vaults up until Life Is good. now, unless, I am wrong about the details of the contract, which I might be, this is my understanding. Feel free to enlighten me though. You'd truly make my day if I found out that he had access to ALL of his unreleased music for the Lost Tapes 2.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
It is. We don't have a whole lot to go off. No disrespect to the God or his camp but we are excited and looking for ward to more good music, that's all... at least I am.

Yeah and it's nothkg new. nas always been surrounded by the weirdo Internet speculation. The fake track lists, the fake producer lists. shyt people were believing that 2 million dollar beat thing back when. :mjlol:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah and it's nothkg new. nas always been surrounded by the weirdo Internet speculation. The fake track lists, the fake producer lists. shyt people were believing that 2 million dollar beat thing back when. :mjlol:

I know they are cooking up something good and he has his hands full with tons of business endeavors but this is a discussion board. It's only natural that if there is no new news being shared, fans are gonna go on and on about old news, whether it's true or false.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Speculation and false information is crazy on this forum.

Don't see the point of this post if you're not going to offer any "clarifications".

Anyways, Nas and his team play around too much with announcing stuff and not following through. (Saying album title dropping soon... a year ago. and announcing that new music is dropping... like 2 weeks ago).

Can't take it much longer brehs. :sadcam::feedme:

Last edited:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't mean anything negative with my previous post but I don't think many of you realize how Nas is a busy man outside of music (The Parlor of Hollywood Sports Bar, Ramsey Hair Salons, 12AM Run Sneaker Boutique, HSTRY, Queensbridge VC Firm, Mass Appeal, major investor in several businesses and many other ventures). He is very involved in his businesses. So I don't think that Nas or his team's intention is to mislead his fans and he truly does not intend for you to feel frustrated to the point of speculating because when you create your own ideas of what Nas should be doing on an artistic level and then when those ideas are not what Nas releases you will be disappointed. Music is what afforded him the ability to achieve in other avenues but because he is an artist who for a very long time believed that his music and lyrical craft came first he didn't bring his other creations to the forefront. But after selling way over 25 million records worldwide and continuing to sell out tours worldwide for over 20 years. I would think that Nas is just truly enjoying "the fruits of labor" as well as creating music that relates to his current life and evolution that he hopes his fans will enjoy. He also is very conscious about not overshadowing the album releases of the artists that he respectfully signed to his label. Their creations and careers matter to him beyond his own release right now. But trust he will satisfy your frustration with great music in due time.

Last edited:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I didn't mean anything negative with my previous post but I don't think many of you realize how Nas is a busy man outside of music (The Parlor of Hollywood Sports Bar, Ramsey Hair Salons, 12AM Run Sneaker Boutique, HSTRY, Queensbridge VC Firm, Mass Appeal, major investor in several businesses and many other ventures). He is very involved in his businesses. So I don't think that Nas or his team's intention is to mislead his fans and he truly does not intend for you to feel frustrated to the point of speculating because when you create your own ideas of what Nas should be doing on an artistic level and then when those ideas are not what Nas releases you will be disappointed. Music is what afforded him the ability to achieve in other avenues but because he is an artist who for a very long time believed that his music and lyrical craft came first he didn't bring his other creations to the forefront. But after selling way over 25 million records worldwide and continuing to sell out tours worldwide for over 20 years. I would think that Nas is just truly enjoying "the fruits of labor" as well as creating music that relates to his current life and evolution that he hopes his fans will enjoy. He also is very conscious about not overshadowing the album releases of the artists that he respectfully signed to his label. Their creations and careers matter to him beyond his own release right now. But trust he will satisfy your frustration with great music in due time.
:salute:

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
Read this interview:
Comedy Hype: Did You Know Rapper Nas’s Barber Tells Jokes?, Meet Comedian Marcus Harvey.

Also:
What possession does Nasir own from the GREATEST comedian every?

http://www.comedyhype.com/interview...r-nass-barber-tells-jokes-meet-marcus-harvey/
Have you got any material online? Im a huge fan of the UK alternative comedy scene, acts like Stewart Lee and Daniel Kitson. Although it's a lot more nerdy than the comedy you look like you do, I'm open minded. Gotta give you fellas a lot of credit though, being a stand up comedian is probably the hardest performance based profession. How difficult it must be to control a room; I do not not underrate the skill level involved at all.