Official Nas Thread

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Whats gonna come first? its gotta be the mass appeal album. I wonder though if the new single will drop before the mass appeal remake?

Mass Appeal compilation then a single I would say. Compilation would get the ball rolling so to speak.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I'd hazard a guess at most [regular] posters in this thread being older or into hip hop at an earlier stage than me so, which track/album got you into Nas?

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I'd hazard a guess at most [regular] posters in this thread being older or into hip hop at an earlier stage than me so, which track/album got you into Nas?

I gave you power, and the It Was Written album. I was just amazed by the way he told stories.
It was like watching a movie, or reading a book to me. The message, Take it in blood, and Live nikka rap.
That album stayed on repeat, especially I gave you power.

"I felt his palm troubled him shakin
Somebody stomped him out, his dome was achin
He placed me on his waist, the moment I've been waitin
My creation was for blacks to kill blacks"

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
How was it?

EXCELLENT. Both Kendrick Lamar and The Gawd were phenomenal. Nas did illmatic (except One Time 4 Your Mind) and then went through all his hits (was a little disappointed he didn't do any joint from Streets Disciple) he had the crowd PUMPED for the entire show, he's become an excellent performer over the years. You can tell how humbled and thankful he is for all the success and accolades of Illmatic, I went into full on Stan mode when he did Stillmatic Intro and Your Da Man:wow:

Funny shyt is, I actually got there while Redman and Meth were performing on the second stage (Streetlife was there also) and people started leaving to the main stage to catch Kendrick and Meth was like "YO YO I DON'T GIVE A fukk WHOSE ON THAT OTHER STAGE!!! YOU ROCKING WITH THE WU NOW!!" :pachaha: Meth is a fool...

Kendrick really has got the love of the fans, you can tell how GKMC is a really respected album, everybody was rocking with him, he's got good stage presence.

Another funny story, while we were leaving some females were talking about how they wished he'd done Oochie Wally, one chick was like "Oochie Wally Is a Cult Classic" and I burst out laughing. I told her I don't think he performs it at all anymore (he only did the hook for Nastradamus at the show tonight) plus Jungle wasn't there to do his verse.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EXCELLENT. Both Kendrick Lamar and The Gawd were phenomenal. Nas did illmatic (except One Time 4 Your Mind) and then went through all his hits (was a little disappointed he didn't do any joint from Streets Disciple) he had the crowd PUMPED for the entire show, he's become an excellent performer over the years. You can tell how humbled and thankful he is for all the success and accolades of Illmatic, I went into full on Stan mode when he did Stillmatic Intro and Your Da Man:wow:

Funny shyt is, I actually got there while Redman and Meth were performing on the second stage (Streetlife was there also) and people started leaving to the main stage to catch Kendrick and Meth was like "YO YO I DON'T GIVE A fukk WHOSE ON THAT OTHER STAGE!!! YOU ROCKING WITH THE WU NOW!!" :pachaha: Meth is a fool...

Kendrick really has got the love of the fans, you can tell how GKMC is a really respected album, everybody was rocking with him, he's got good stage presence.

Another funny story, while we were leaving some females were talking about how they wished he'd done Oochie Wally, one chick was like "Oochie Wally Is a Cult Classic" and I burst out laughing. I told her I don't think he performs it at all anymore (he only did the hook for Nastradamus at the show tonight) plus Jungle wasn't there to do his verse.

It's crazy because the verses for Oochie Wally are so Misogynistic. But girls love it:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's crazy because the verses for Oochie Wally are so Misogynistic. But girls love it:manny:

So is Big Pimpin but I think females just like that straight up "Lets fukk" shyt every now and then. So many bad women out at the concert tonight nikkas coula ate GOOD if Nas was willing to get them hoes moist with some Oochie Wally:shaq:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is Big Pimpin but I think females just like that straight up "Lets fukk" shyt every now and then. So many bad women out at the concert tonight nikkas coula ate GOOD if Nas was willing to get them hoes moist with some Oochie Wally:shaq:

No pics?:dwillhuh:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried but the camera on my Nexus 5 is WACK as fukk. I really wish I had the new iPhone just so I coulda got some decent pics/video.

His performance of One Love with Biggie's Sky's The Limit beat was worth the price of admission alone:wow:

How much of Meth and Red or Kendrick did you catch?

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kind of output yall expecting for the new album? im hoping its dope as fukk but kind of hard to be Life is good. Nas has gotten better each album since SD. SD may have probably been better had they not changed directions on the tracks. It is rumoured that many of Remi's tracks didn't make the album.