Official Nas Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
No love for the Infamous :to:

That nikka Troy Ave's response was trash I wanna smack that nikka. How the fukk you mention wack ass Blueprint 2 and his little tape as some of the greatest in NYC history. :snoop:

Yo I was gonna mention Troy too but I wasnt surprised to be honest. For a dude who claims to rep NY and wants to bring NY back all his preferences and influences are of the time period when NY started to crack and eventually sink in the early to mid 2000s (G-Unit, Dipset, mixtape rappers)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I do wonder what type of album we'll be getting. Life Is Good was focused and fitted nicely with where Nas seemingly was in life.

Thats kind of my concern with this album. I feel like he always needs a build up and buzz almost a year out and that hasnt happened yet with this album. Also given how busy he has been with business stuff and touring, I dont know what type of focused Nas we'll get. His last wow verses post 2013 were on Hustle and the Let Nas Down remix. I hope he does well but I'm a bit concerned he may have mailed in his final album on Def Jam too

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don't think its going to make it. Nas didn't have a lot of major features on that last album. I refuse to believe that the Frank Ocean track and the Sinatra in the Sand track will be on the same album. Maybe one but not both. NaS is rumoured to have recorded a lot for this album. I heard he shifted gears and started over from scratch with his album. Wonder if a Lost Tapes 3 from Def Jam will ever surface.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats kind of my concern with this album. I feel like he always needs a build up and buzz almost a year out and that hasnt happened yet with this album. Also given how busy he has been with business stuff and touring, I dont know what type of focused Nas we'll get. His last wow verses post 2013 were on Hustle and the Let Nas Down remix. I hope he does well but I'm a bit concerned he may have mailed in his final album on Def Jam too

This has crossed my mind too, but I would hope it's not the case since he's been working on this album since 2012. Then he said he stepped back from it and started again after being inspired by the Illmatic documentary. In the same interview, he was talking about going back over ideas and fixing them (or something to that effect). Last year, he told MTV that he felt like an artist with a shaky hand because he was excited and not nervous. He also talked about how there's still stories that he wanted to tell that he hasn't told yet.

I don't think this album will have the build up that a Nas album normally has. He's been more secretive about this album than has with his previous ones. He even hinted at releasing an album title two weeks before we got the album.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
What if he featured Droog lol, itd be dope tho. I really want the frank ocean joint and Sinatra in the sand. Another cocaine 80s feature would be dope