Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He got a couple of joints on the Mass Appeal album dropping in 3 weeks and then Lost Tapes 2 in the fall.

Y'all think Nas is going to drop the lost Tapes 2 in the fall, before the new album? I don't know about that? I hope he does. A few years ago when he was trying to drop it on Def Jam, he mentioned dropping it before LIG but after they stalled, he nixed the idea sayin the timing was off. I guess, him dropping before the album is a possibility but did he say somewhere that he was fling to drop this fall? I thought the new album was coming first.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Y'all think Nas is going to drop the lost Tapes 2 in the fall, before the new album? I don't know about that? I hope he does. A few years ago when he was trying to drop it on Def Jam, he mentioned dropping it before LIG but after they stalled, he nixed the idea sayin the timing was off. I guess, him dropping before the album is a possibility but did he say somewhere that he was fling to drop this fall? I thought the new album was coming first.

I mean he put it out there as offical on the press release about moving to Mass Appeal after the last album. From my understanding Lost Tapes 2 will be on Mass Appeal. Which sort of makes sense given that its going to be distributed by Sony and they got the Nas vault and are more into releasing a Lost Tapes than Def Jam will

I'm hoping that since Nas' first 2 Def Jam albums were split releases with Def Jam and Sony, we may get vaulted sessions from Hip Hop is Dead and Untitled as well as Streets Disciple.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I mean he put it out there as offical on the press release about moving to Mass Appeal after the last album. From my understanding Lost Tapes 2 will be on Mass Appeal. Which sort of makes sense given that its going to be distributed by Sony and they got the Nas vault and are more into releasing a Lost Tapes than Def Jam will

I'm hoping that since Nas' first 2 Def Jam albums were split releases with Def Jam and Sony, we may get vaulted sessions from Hip Hop is Dead and Untitled as well as Streets Disciple.
One thing about you.. u good at putting 2 and 2 together.. Lol

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The first two were split releases? I thought just the first one. I gotta research that. I'm hoping the lost Tapes 2 is only from Sony. I do believe that after Nas is done with Def Jam, they too, will finally release a lost Tapes volume. It's already done according to Nas. That way, we'd be on Lost Tapes 4 next time Nas decides to drop one and they can dig deeper into his Sony vaults for material. I am curious to see the tracklist though.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
The first two were split releases? I thought just the first one. I gotta research that. I'm hoping the lost Tapes 2 is only from Sony. I do believe that after Nas is done with Def Jam, they too, will finally release a lost Tapes volume. It's already done according to Nas. That way, we'd be on Lost Tapes 4 next time Nas decides to drop one and they can dig deeper into his Sony vaults for material. I am curious to see the tracklist though.

Whether the material comes from Sony of Def Jam, I just hope Nas isn't the one who picks out the tracks. Dude's history of putting together cohesive albums is :trash:. Remember the first volume, he had zero input on compiling the tracklist and is his most "perfect" album outside of Illmatic.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Whether the material comes from Sony of Def Jam, I just hope Nas isn't the one who picks out the tracks. Dude's history of putting together cohesive albums is :trash:. Remember the first volume, he had zero input on compiling the tracklist and is his most "perfect" album outside of Illmatic.

U actually believe Nas had no input? Lmao

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look in the liner notes for the album producer. That will tell you who picked the tracklist.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Yeah remember when they announced the signing to Def Jam, they said the first two albums were Columbia Sony/Def Jam partnership releases so Nas could fufill his Sony contract and the next two would be Def Jam.
If you look on the back cover of both albums you got the Sony Columbia logo right there along with Def Jam. Dude was partnering with Def Jam and LA Reid on this, which is why I thought that whole "Nas signed with Jay and Jay was his boss" was nonesense even on a factual level. Jay-Z's only involvment was to support the move and PR wise be there to do MTV and BET specials about him joining Def Jam
Distant Relatives was actually a Universal Music Group release, so technically Life is Good has been his only pure Def Jam release.

Right now he's got Mass Appeal with Sony which sort of allows him more Los Tapes stuff to do, but he also owes one more album with Def Jam, which will be his last one to make as a new studio album

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Still not convinced. :yeshrug:

Anyways, this track came on randomly today. :blessed:

I heard the beat and I ain't know what to write :patrice:
First line should it be about the hoes or the ice?:dwillhuh:
Fo-fo's or Black Christ? Both flows'd be nice:whoo:
Rap about big paper or the black man plight:ehh:
At the studio console, asked my man to the right:patrice: