Official Nas Thread

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this track from nas' protege boldy james has been on repeat all week!!!!!
:whew:

anticipating the compilation album.
need new nas verses!!!
:feedme:

I didn't know they made a video for one of the GOAT songs off My 1st Chemistry Set:blessed:

...that ALC classic production with Boldy spittin hot fiyah:ahh:

Chilling in the Maybach with Cyclops and Weapon X
I'm Wolverine that's Professor X
Got that Magneto shooting from the hip

:banderas:

Sidebar, Nas hooking up with Boldy is great thing for Hip-Hop:myman:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I didn't know they made a video for one of the GOAT songs off My 1st Chemistry Set:blessed:

...that ALC classic production with Boldy spittin hot fiyah:ahh:

Chilling in the Maybach with Cyclops and Weapon X
I'm Wolverine that's Professor X
Got that Magneto shooting from the hip

:banderas:

Sidebar, Nas hooking up with Boldy is great thing for Hip-Hop:myman:
couldn't agree more about Boldy and Nas hook-up being a great thing
since we are talking ALC and Boldy James

My trigger finger is itchy scratchy
Right, my middle finger it grip that maggy
Tight, my ring fingers embrace my gun
Yikes, and my pinky fingers anchor my thumbs
Strike, the thumb on my other hand click the hammer
Yup, my left index is ambidextrous
Left fukk you finger the reason I squoze
Put them gloves on, I'll teach you the meaning of Bold

:whew:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WATCH NAS LIVE AT IBIZA ROCKS, THIS WEEKEND ON MTV!

• 10488110_10152964368634908_1507001317675281873_n-600x242.jpg
Re-live the best moments of #Rocks2014 this summer with MTV.

This weekend watch hip-hop legend, Nas and young superstar in the making, Bishop Nehru, grace the Rocks stage for an unforgettable night under the stars.

Saturday at 10pm on MTV Live HD (Sky 358 - Virgin 311)
Sunday at 9pm on MTV Music (Sky 350 - Virgin 310)

With John Newman kicking things off in style last week over the coming weeks we'll be bringing you even more live performances from Ibiza Rocks starring Jake Bugg, Ed Sheeran, Rudimental, Bastille and much more

http://www.ibizarocks.com/events/news/watch-nas-live-at-ibiza-rocks-this-weekend-on-mtv/

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I just remembered that Nas is on Soundchain at some point on MTV with Zane Lowe, turns out it's the very next ep next Sunday :ahh:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas Announces 'Time Is Illmatic' Fall Tour With Documentary Screenings

nas_rooftop_still_a_l.jpg

"Nas: Time Is Illmatic"
The rapper will perform his iconic debut album from start to finish
Nas is hitting the road with the album that started it all.

The rapper will take stages across North America this fall for a tour that coincides with screenings of his Tribeca Film documentary, Nas: Time Is Illmatic, it was announced Tuesday.

The tour will kick off on Oct. 2 in Rochester and close in Oakland on Oct. 19. At each stop, he will perform Illmatic — his ten-track 1994 debut that has been lauded as one of the most influential and important albums of hip hop — from start to finish.

The slew of performances mirror the post-screening concert that kicked off this year's Tribeca Film Festival in April, where he was introduced to the stage by Alicia Keys.

Nas: Time Is Illmatic will open theatrically via Tribeca Film beginning in New York on Oct. 1, with a national expansion to follow, and will be available on demand and iTunes on Oct. 3.

"I want to thank Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and the Tribeca Film family for all of the love and support they've given Time Is Illmatic," said Nas in a statement. "It is an honor to be in partnership with them, and I feel there is a cultural kinship bonded by the city of New York."
The documentary project began when former VIBE music editor Erik Parker recruited multimedia producer One9 to shoot clips for the album's tenth anniversary, but the two then stumbled onto a larger story, as the film includes a characterization of the Queensbridge Housing Projects, an interview with Nasir Jones' father Olu Dara in Natches, Miss., and an eyewitness account from Nas' brother, Jabari "Jungle" Jones, of the death his early collaborator, Willy "Ill Will" Graham, which catapulted him into the Illmatic creative burst.

With grants from The Ford Foundation's Just Films and the Tribeca Film Institute's Tribeca All Access Program, the two finished the project in time for Illmatic's twenty-year milestone and anniversary release, Illmatic XX. Nas himself got involved with the film well into the process, but told THR at its premiere, "I'm happy I did it. I love those guys; they opened up my world and I'm forever grateful."

"When we started this project, Erik Parker and I couldn’t imagine that audiences would one day be able to experience the film with a live performance of Illmatic, the album that started it all," said director One9 in a statement. "It will make each night a truly special moment for the culture. We are sure people of all generations will be inspired by the story of Nas, the Jones family, and electrified by a live performance."

See below for Nas' tour dates:

Oct. 2nd Rochester, NY Main Street Armony*
Oct. 3rd Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Oct. 4th Washington D.C. Lincoln Theatre (Matinee)
Oct. 5th Glenside, PA Keswick Theatre
Oct. 8th Toronto, ON Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Oct. 9th Detroit, MI The Fillmore Detroit
Oct. 10th Hammond, IN Horseshoe
Oct. 11th Lincoln, NE Bourbon Theatre*
Oct. 12th Denver, CO Paramount Theatre
Oct. 15th Seattle, WA Moore Theatre
Oct. 16th Vancouver, BC Vogue Theatre
Oct. 17th Las Vegas, NV The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas*
Oct. 18th Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
Oct. 19th Oakland, CA Fox Theater

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nas-announces-time-is-illmatic-724910

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Nas Announces 'Time Is Illmatic' Fall Tour With Documentary Screenings

nas_rooftop_still_a_l.jpg

"Nas: Time Is Illmatic"
The rapper will perform his iconic debut album from start to finish
Nas is hitting the road with the album that started it all.

The rapper will take stages across North America this fall for a tour that coincides with screenings of his Tribeca Film documentary, Nas: Time Is Illmatic, it was announced Tuesday.

The tour will kick off on Oct. 2 in Rochester and close in Oakland on Oct. 19. At each stop, he will perform Illmatic — his ten-track 1994 debut that has been lauded as one of the most influential and important albums of hip hop — from start to finish.

The slew of performances mirror the post-screening concert that kicked off this year's Tribeca Film Festival in April, where he was introduced to the stage by Alicia Keys.

Nas: Time Is Illmatic will open theatrically via Tribeca Film beginning in New York on Oct. 1, with a national expansion to follow, and will be available on demand and iTunes on Oct. 3.

"I want to thank Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and the Tribeca Film family for all of the love and support they've given Time Is Illmatic," said Nas in a statement. "It is an honor to be in partnership with them, and I feel there is a cultural kinship bonded by the city of New York."
The documentary project began when former VIBE music editor Erik Parker recruited multimedia producer One9 to shoot clips for the album's tenth anniversary, but the two then stumbled onto a larger story, as the film includes a characterization of the Queensbridge Housing Projects, an interview with Nasir Jones' father Olu Dara in Natches, Miss., and an eyewitness account from Nas' brother, Jabari "Jungle" Jones, of the death his early collaborator, Willy "Ill Will" Graham, which catapulted him into the Illmatic creative burst.

With grants from The Ford Foundation's Just Films and the Tribeca Film Institute's Tribeca All Access Program, the two finished the project in time for Illmatic's twenty-year milestone and anniversary release, Illmatic XX. Nas himself got involved with the film well into the process, but told THR at its premiere, "I'm happy I did it. I love those guys; they opened up my world and I'm forever grateful."

"When we started this project, Erik Parker and I couldn’t imagine that audiences would one day be able to experience the film with a live performance of Illmatic, the album that started it all," said director One9 in a statement. "It will make each night a truly special moment for the culture. We are sure people of all generations will be inspired by the story of Nas, the Jones family, and electrified by a live performance."

See below for Nas' tour dates:

Oct. 2nd Rochester, NY Main Street Armony*
Oct. 3rd Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Oct. 4th Washington D.C. Lincoln Theatre (Matinee)
Oct. 5th Glenside, PA Keswick Theatre
Oct. 8th Toronto, ON Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Oct. 9th Detroit, MI The Fillmore Detroit
Oct. 10th Hammond, IN Horseshoe
Oct. 11th Lincoln, NE Bourbon Theatre*
Oct. 12th Denver, CO Paramount Theatre
Oct. 15th Seattle, WA Moore Theatre
Oct. 16th Vancouver, BC Vogue Theatre
Oct. 17th Las Vegas, NV The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas*
Oct. 18th Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
Oct. 19th Oakland, CA Fox Theater

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nas-announces-time-is-illmatic-724910