Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL...he is touring just like any artist would do with his extensive catalogue. His ASCAP wages were NEVER garnished (or in jeopardy of being garnished), his taxes/divorce is NOT an issue/concern (it's going on 6 years and people still talking about taxes/divorce) & he doesn't have to "milk his old music" because the fans are demanding to see him perform across the globe in celebration of his 20 year debut album release ILLMATIC. Nas is showing no signs of "slowing down" because he is constantly making music (even if it's not released as of yet). So therefore, he doesn't need to chill because he is doing what he loves, grateful to his fans and wants to celebrate his success thus far with them. Nas was never the type of an artist to release music without a purpose and he always had at least a 2 year period between albums.

Sorry, no disrespect to you but it amazes me that people's "theory" pertaining to Nas' career moves as of lately always has to be do with him owing money (taxes/divorce). When he discussed it briefly on LIG it was not a major concern for him then and here we are 2 years later and folks still spreading that TMZ gossip. Fans just need to let Nas be an artist and stop "theorizing" about his personal life (IRS taxes/devorce settlement etc.) because Nasir Jones is BLESSED!
And, that is the testament of a GOAT! The ability to perform your debut 20 years later, globally,

to sellout (without selling out) crowds. First time my 90s kid ear heard It Ain't Hard To Tell, I knew Nasir Jones was God's Son:youngsabo::blessed::myman:

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't give a goddamn in what format Nas decides to celebrate his OWN Goat album as long as I get to partake in that concert on September 13th. Y'all nikkas in here claiming ya'll "fans" but you want him to "chill" on celebrating TWENTY YEARS AS A RELEVANT ARTIST:what: This is some unprecedented shyt going on. There is not ONE Hip Hop artist in the history of the genre who can boast being culturally AND commercially relevant for TWENTY YEARS. Not Rakim, G.Rap, Jay-Z, Eminem, Scarface, Outkast, NOBODY. We should all be happy as hell he's doing it big, instead we're in here gossiping about bullshyt like the divorce, child support, garnishments and other bullshyt that has absolutely NOTHING to do with music:comeon:

You so called "Stan's" disappoint me.....

hold on I love Nas but how can you say Jay isn't critically and culturally relevant today? His last couple albums have been TRASH but still....he is the second or third biggest rapper in the world right now.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
hold on I love Nas but how can you say Jay isn't critically and culturally relevant today? His last couple albums have been TRASH but still....he is the second or third biggest rapper in the world right now.

I meant within 20 years. Reasonable Doubt dropped in 1996.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://loveboxfestival.com/journal/nas-performs-illmatic-20th-anniversary/

Saturday
Nas. Gifted poet. Confessor. Agitator. Metaphor master. Street’s disciple. Political firebrand. Tongue-twisting genius.

Ever since a 17-year-old Nasir Bin Olu Dara Jones appeared on Main Source’s 1991 classic ‘Live at the Barbeque’, hip hop would be irrevocably changed.

With music in his blood courtesy of famed blues musician father Olu Dara, the self-taught trumpeter attracted crowds with his playing at age 4, wrote his first verse at age 7 and, with 1994’s ‘Illmatic’, created one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time before he could legally drink. Two decades on, Nas remains an incendiary, outspoken and brutally candid rapper on the recently released ‘Life is Good’, his tenth album and sixth to debut at the top of the Billboard 200.

Critics and fans immediately flocked to ‘Life is Good’, garnering praise from all over. Far from divorcing personal problems from a hyperbolic, caricatured alter ego, the album finds Nas confronting the myriad issues he’s faced head-on since 2008′s ‘Untitled’, mixed with a wayward wisdom that allows him to channel the past without attempting to ape it.

Before the 13 Grammy nominations, seven platinum albums and Top 5 rankings on MTV’s 10 Greatest MCs of All Time and The Source’s Top 50 Lyricists of All Time, 17-year-old Nas would take daily trips to Manhattan hoping to secure a major label deal, only to be shot down by nearly every label before eventually being signed by Faith Newman, then-Director of A&R for Columbia Records, which gave Nas the lifeline to begin his career.

His first album, ‘Illmatic’ has long been considered a masterpiece not just in hip hop, but music as a whole, inspiring countless subsequent rappers and establishing Nas as the most vivid storyteller of urban life since Rakim and Chuck D. 1996’s ‘It Was Written’ built upon ‘Illmatic’s’ foundation, with ‘Street Dreams‘ and ‘If I Ruled the World’ (the latter with Lauryn Hill) becoming radio staples and vaulting Nas into mainstream success.

Nas has gone from strength to strength, becoming more ambitious with every new album, from reuniting with his estranged father on the blues/hip-hop hybrid ‘Bridging the Gap’ to collaborations with longtime friend Damien Marley. Over 10 albums, the veteran rapper has never been one to play it safe, remaining just as fresh as when he started out.

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course, I'm starving for a New Nas album:feedme: But, I'm fine with him not releasing anything right now:whoa: This year, was the commemoration of Illmatic:ahh: The GOAT got to revive his debut to new accolades:blessed:;perhaps a whole new gen. discovered the GOATNESS of lyricism:lupe: Performing Illmatic songs again, mos. definitely has to be inspiring Nas:myman:, to come even more crazier to his followup for LIG:banderas: I mean, just imagine It Was Written 2.0 for 2015:ohlawd: