Official Nas Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I agree with most in saying its time he chill with the 20th anniversary celebration stuff and make music.

Although I have a theory of why he slowing down from releasing stuff and milking old material: Of course he gotta earn extra with the tax/divorce stuff form a coule of years back, but the IRS settled by garnishing his ASCAP wages. Doesnt that mean they take dough when he drops a new album or solo songs? This way he pockets tour money, sends the taxated amount and doesnt have to worry about further garnishing of wages.

So he may stretch that payment plan out. Either way the Mass Appeal compilation is coming along with at least Lost Tapes 2 or the new album.So I imagine winter he'll drop something

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with most in saying its time he chill with the 20th anniversary celebration stuff and make music.

Although I have a theory of why he slowing down from releasing stuff and milking old material: Of course he gotta earn extra with the tax/divorce stuff form a coule of years back, but the IRS settled by garnishing his ASCAP wages. Doesnt that mean they take dough when he drops a new album or solo songs? This way he pockets tour money, sends the taxated amount and doesnt have to worry about further garnishing of wages.

So he may stretch that payment plan out. Either way the Mass Appeal compilation is coming along with at least Lost Tapes 2 or the new album.So I imagine winter he'll drop something

He's not going to chill until November or December. He has the doc coming out with select performances in select cities.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

LOL...he is touring just like any artist would do with his extensive catalogue. His ASCAP wages were NEVER garnished (or in jeopardy of being garnished), his taxes/divorce is NOT an issue/concern (it's going on 6 years and people still talking about taxes/divorce) & he doesn't have to "milk his old music" because the fans are demanding to see him perform across the globe in celebration of his 20 year debut album release ILLMATIC. Nas is showing no signs of "slowing down" because he is constantly making music (even if it's not released as of yet). So therefore, he doesn't need to chill because he is doing what he loves, grateful to his fans and wants to celebrate his success thus far with them. Nas was never the type of an artist to release music without a purpose and he always had at least a 2 year period between albums.

Sorry, no disrespect to you but it amazes me that people's "theory" pertaining to Nas' career moves as of lately always has to be do with him owing money (taxes/divorce). When he discussed it briefly on LIG it was not a major concern for him then and here we are 2 years later and folks still spreading that TMZ gossip. Fans just need to let Nas be an artist and stop "theorizing" about his personal life (IRS taxes/devorce settlement etc.) because Nasir Jones is BLESSED!

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't give a goddamn in what format Nas decides to celebrate his OWN Goat album as long as I get to partake in that concert on September 13th. Y'all nikkas in here claiming ya'll "fans" but you want him to "chill" on celebrating TWENTY YEARS AS A RELEVANT ARTIST:what: This is some unprecedented shyt going on. There is not ONE Hip Hop artist in the history of the genre who can boast being culturally AND commercially relevant for TWENTY YEARS. Not Rakim, G.Rap, Jay-Z, Eminem, Scarface, Outkast, NOBODY. We should all be happy as hell he's doing it big, instead we're in here gossiping about bullshyt like the divorce, child support, garnishments and other bullshyt that has absolutely NOTHING to do with music:comeon:

You so called "Stan's" disappoint me.....