Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guys after listening to the EP in full it sounds like what would happen if an MC sniffed a bunch of coke, went into the studio, and tried his DAMNDEST to reincarnate himself into Nas fused with Jay Electeonica and drop what he felt like a 2014 Illmatic would sound like...

Highly doubt it's Nas. Nas doesn't really need an alter ego rapper alias, he's already got 3 of those ( Escobar, Nastradamus, Gods Son) and he doesn't need to drop an EP out of nowhere and as proud as Nas is of hailing from Queensbridge I doubt he'd take on an alias of a Brooklyn MC...

Still a dope project though. This dude Droog should at the least be proud that he dropped something cod even fool people into thinking he could be the GOAT's alias....

Ummm

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
Still a dope project though. This dude Droog should at the least be proud that he dropped something cod even fool people into thinking he could be the GOAT's alias....
This I have to disagree with. Being influenced is one thing but you get no points for being an outright copycat/biter. This is why I hope for your old droog's sake it is nas (the dualities).

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guys after listening to the EP in full it sounds like what would happen if an MC sniffed a bunch of coke, went into the studio, and tried his DAMNDEST to reincarnate himself into Nas fused with Jay Electeonica and drop what he felt like a 2014 Illmatic would sound like...

Highly doubt it's Nas. Nas doesn't really need an alter ego rapper alias, he's already got 3 of those ( Escobar, Nastradamus, Gods Son) and he doesn't need to drop an EP out of nowhere and as proud as Nas is of hailing from Queensbridge I doubt he'd take on an alias of a Brooklyn MC...

Nas also has an alter ego of a female by the name if Scarlet.

Ball

All Star
Daps
Man Life is Good doesn't really have an inside scoop. All his "news" sound like generic info to me.

H.S.

All Star
Daps

:salute: Boldy is cold. M1CS was my favorite album last year, so it's dope to see him link with Esco. If you listen to his old stuff, he's always throwing little Nas references in his rhymes. There's a track where he spit over the Affirmative Action beat, too. Can't remember the name of it, though.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Droog as Nas? Pros and Cons....

Pros- Unknown MC with ZERO past, hype, background, etc. drops an EP out of NOWHERE with some of the best displays of underground New York lyricism in a HOT minute. Sounds EXACTLY like Nas from cadence, flow, vocal inflection, even vocabulary. The Mass appeal connection also is the cherry on the sundae...

Cons- Nas has ZERO need to drop a free EP out of nowhere, under an alias. I mean seriously, Nas, the greatest rapper of all time has absolutely NO reason to not put his name on any project with which he's involved. The name Nas has been synonymous with the highest quality Hip Hop since 1992. Nas has been touring heavily this year in support of Illmatic's 20th anniversary and any new verses recorded would, in theory, be in support of the Life Is Good follow up.

At the end of the day who really knows? Until Nas himself comes out and confirms or denies it will be up for debate