Official Nas Thread

H.S.

All Star
Daps
yo in that intro where is that line " Ive got visions of makin executive decisons from" I wanna say its saigon but Im not sure im tired as fukk i could be wrong anyone know what song it is

From what I understand, Saigon is a huge Nas fan, but that didn't sound like him to me.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
TBH bruhs, I think :ahh: planned it his career out this way once he realized that he was going to have longer longevity in the rap game (i'm thinking around 2005 "my very own Motown").

Let's look at it this way; he's making power moves now since Destiny is off his books financially from a legal standpoint so making power moves can't gut him financially in child support payments for TWO kids, he's at the end of his Def Jam deal so he can do his own thing soon, cleared up past beefs over the years (Rocafella, 50 and G-unit, Prodigy, Cam'Ron, NORE still talks positive about Nas, Mega does too), embracing the south still as he always has and never bad mouthed southern rappers, and even embracing Illmatic since I felt over the years he distanced himself from it and never wanted to be known for JUST that.

He's really becoming more of a business man than a rapper at this point and i'm glad he's doing that NOW than trying to do it 15 years ago when he tried to do more than he was capable of around the "I Am" era.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
From what I understand, Saigon is a huge Nas fan, but that didn't sound like him to me.

aight yea I dont think its saigon either , damn it feels so familar but I cant place it

anyone else know where that "I've got visions of makin executive decisions" line in that intro comes from ?

not finding anything on google either

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TBH bruhs, I think :ahh: planned it his career out this way once he realized that he was going to have longer longevity in the rap game (i'm thinking around 2005 "my very own Motown").

Let's look at it this way; he's making power moves now since Destiny is off his books financially from a legal standpoint so making power moves can't gut him financially in child support payments for TWO kids, he's at the end of his Def Jam deal so he can do his own thing soon, cleared up past beefs over the years (Rocafella, 50 and G-unit, Prodigy, Cam'Ron, NORE still talks positive about Nas, Mega does too), embracing the south still as he always has and never bad mouthed southern rappers, and even embracing Illmatic since I felt over the years he distanced himself from it and never wanted to be known for JUST that.

He's really becoming more of a business man than a rapper at this point and i'm glad he's doing that NOW than trying to do it 15 years ago when he tried to do more than he was capable of around the "I Am" era.
You are correct, except he still financially supports his daughter (college tuition, condo investment and her daily cost of living ). Nas' interest in business ventures have always been a work in progress because NOT only does he make great business decisions, he has knowledge of the business world more now than he did 15 years ago. Nas has a great management team that he trust, that are very educated in business/technology, that shares his intrigeity and that understands Nas as a man, as well as, a true artist. Nas never had worries about being "gut financially" because he has always been frugal with his money and wise with who he entrusted his finances with. Nas has seen the bad side of business deals in the past and from those experiences learned to be more in tune with investing in certain ventures that will financially benefit him and those less fortunate. This is what he has expressed personally and has revealed over his career. Here are some quotes he made a while back:

On why he has not been business savvy as some of his counterparts:
“You gotta realize that all rappers complain about their careers, but you ain’t heard Nas complain about his career [laughs]. You don’t get here just ****ing around. If Snoop Dogg makes a Snoop hot-dog then Nas gotta make one? If I decide I want to do movies or clothes I’ll do them. None of this shyt is rocket science.”

When asked of other’s success:
“I want to see 50 own the Empire State Building and Jay own ****ing 12 basketball teams. I don’t have an issue with anybody that’s in a position of growth. It’s only when they’re c00ning that I get embarrassed. Some of these nikkas are buffoons. Mutha****ers are buying You Tube and we’re renting yachts that they own, talking about, ‘That nikka’s shining, and I’m not.’ We’ve got to really think about the big picture, dude.”

On his remaining time in hip-hop:
“If you look at these nikkas that love hip-hop, they’re broke or they’re frustrated artists. I’m trying to learn from B.B. King. I’m going to be rapping when I’m 80.”

Nas is a Virgo, they are very calculating and perfectionist by nature and you can believe that Nas mapped out his moves years ago and he is seeing his goals come to life.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet Def Jam finally releases that Lost Tapes 2 after his next album, once his contract obligation is fulfilled. They may even do his greatest hits on Def Jam too. I have noticed though, that Def Jam doesn't do much in the way of compilations.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I bet Def Jam finally releases that Lost Tapes 2 after his next album, once his contract obligation is fulfilled. They may even do his greatest hits on Def Jam too. I have noticed though, that Def Jam doesn't do much in the way of compilations.

fukk Def Jam they should have released LT2 2 years ago :pacspit:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk Def Jam they should have released LT2 2 years ago :pacspit:
I agree but they don't want to pay much to do it so they can and probably accomplish that by waiting until Nas is gone from the label to do it. Nas wanted it to count toward his deal but they didn't. If they do release it at th end of his contract, I hope Sony follows suit with TLT vol 3.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There has been a ton of press for Nas with his Illmatic XX. It would've been unreal if he would've came right out with the new album. It would've truly been Escobar season and he could've held it down for months.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
The tragedy is they didn't release remastered versions of his work from that era. People wanting LT2, that would have been perfect, remastered and CDQ versions of Life is Like Dice game, Just Another Day In Projects, Nas Will Prevail, all the rest.