Official Nas Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
"They thought I'd make another ILLmatic, but it's always forward I'm moving never backwards stupid here's another CLASSIC" - NaS STILLmatic Intro

The biggest thing I love most about this 20th anniversary celebration besides the fact it completely shows this generation they haven't made Classic Material is the fact NaS is finally embracing "ILLmatic's" legacy. I think for a long time he wanted to move on from the album and didn't like the fact people overlooked his follow up albums and always brought up "ILLmatic". But I think this anniversary has opened his eyes to how much impact the album truly had even though it under performed when it came out. It's amazing it's back on the charts and is up to 1.6 Million sold. "ILLmatic" is headed to Double Platinum and that's amazing. But Props to NaS and everyone involved.

This was an amazing week of celebration and they did "ILLmatic" and us trapped in the 90's negros proud. I hope this generation sees and understands what Classic material is cause I'm struggling to see an album from this era getting this kind of role out 20 years later but we will see. I wasn't happy with Lupe doing a 5th Anniversary "Food and Liquor" album cause I felt it was premature and he needed to let the album grow more. "College Dropout" got a nice reception for it's 10th Anniversary, Hopefully Ye does a 20 year celebration cause that's the only album I feel has had lasting impact on Hip Hop in the last 10 years.
I don't like that it seems cats like Rosenberg n cats like that try to lump Kendrick in these types of conversations...even when they did the video with Schoolboy Q and Jay Rock and few other people talk about Nas and they was talkin bout how the album made them feel and when they got to Kendrick it seemed like he was plugging Good Kid Maad City more than actually appreciating Illmatic..

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wow

So many great ideas in this thread

you should pitch them to Nas

from the guy that brought us One Love and Rewind

a song about Gwyneth Paltrow and Donald Sterling

:rudy:

I knew this idiotic response was coming....did anyone say it had to be the entire album? No...but if you were bold enough to make "these are our heroes" 10 years ago calling people out...calling the roots sambos....then you should be brave enough to call yourself out

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas in Vegas for the 12 Am opening with Floyd Maywhethear and Oak Nightclub in Vegas hanging with Jungle and Boyz II Men

PICS: Nas Celebrates New Sneaker Store Opening In Las Vegas | JUKEBOX:DOPECONTENT.

tumblr_n4onz4J5Me1sr5niao1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4o7szTfSs1qaavfko1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4o41ujv6j1r5yvpwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4nzetKLIm1swm3e1o1_500.jpg

Oak Club vid wih Boyz II Men

#

#

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Nas is working on his new album again with a renewed vigor. He had worked on new material after LIG dropped and was set to drop a title last year. This new motivation may also result in a new direction for the album. We already know he had a completed track with Swizz for LIG and then, did some work with Timbaland. It's safe to say that we will not get the new album this year. No lost tapes either? I need some new music Nas. Put out another project in the 3rd quarter.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, Nas and his team MUST realize that The Lost Tapes is arguably Nas's most critically acclaimed project since Illmatic. It Was Written, Stillmatic and Life is Good is close too but, for me, it's Lost Tapes.

Since the new album is not dropping this year, I wish Nas could drop the Lost tapes 2. However, I understand that this is his last album on Def Jam so it no chance the lost Tapes will come first.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If there's ONE thing I want to do this year it's go to another Nas concert. He's been KILLING the concert/festival game for the past 5 years and I haven't seen him in concert since 07 after HHID dropped. I really hope he comes to Atlanta this and performs at the Tabernacle again because I'd be THERE no doubt