Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he always has been. It's just out in the open now
You are 100% correct...Nas has made some great investments: past. & present.
This quote rings true of Nssir & how he has AWAYS wanted to put his music #1 and keep secrete his financial success (Info released during his divorce doesn't even display the whole truth regarding Nas' finances).

"The intelligent ones, they adjust. They learn to not shine so bright; they find ways to MUTE THE MONEY and status, but still represent the culture and the pride and the people to the fullest. I learned. I evolved. I am still here. I am."-Nasir Olu Dara Jones

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This quote rings true of Nssir & how he has AWAYS wanted to put his music #1 and keep secrete his financial success (Info released during his divorce doesn't even display the whole truth regarding Nas' finances).

"The intelligent ones, they adjust. They learn to not shine so bright; they find ways to MUTE THE MONEY and status, but still represent the culture and the pride and the people to the fullest. I learned. I evolved. I am still here. I am."-Nasir Olu Dara Jones

Yo @Life is Good us true Nas fans quite honestly could give a fukk about the man's finances, investments, who he's fukking, or where he takes a shyt. All we care about is the MUSIC and that Nas continues to serve as a trailblazer and leader within the genre. So don't waste you time going back and forth with muthafukkas in here that want to argue about shyt that is Nas business. We wanna know what's up with Lost Tapes 2, the new album, and if Nas has any special plans for Illmatic's 20 year anniversary.

Inform us on the Goat's MUSIC homie

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
Yo @Life is Good us true Nas fans quite honestly could give a fukk about the man's finances, investments, who he's fukking, or where he takes a shyt. All we care about is the MUSIC and that Nas continues to serve as a trailblazer and leader within the genre. So don't waste you time going back and forth with muthafukkas in here that want to argue about shyt that is Nas business. We wanna know what's up with Lost Tapes 2, the new album, and if Nas has any special plans for Illmatic's 20 year anniversary.

Exactly. Especially because when you first hear info on his new album you still have to wait another year before it actually drops :sadbron:

Daps
I hope he doent follow camel's way of just dropping an album out of nowhere...a 2014 march release would be :blessed:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This quote rings true of Nasir & how he has AWAYS wanted to put his music #1 and keep secrete his financial success (Info released during his divorce doesn't even display the whole truth regarding Nas' finances).

"The INTELLIGENT ones, they adjust. They learn to not shine so bright; they find ways to MUTE THE MONEY and status, but still REPRESENT the CULTURE and the PRIDE and the PEOPLE to the FULLESlearned. I evolved. I am still here. I am."-Nasir Olu Dara Jones

@Ziggiy I truly respect you as a TRUE fan & share you views regarding Nas' finances but unfortunately NOT everyone shares this perspective. As you may well know hip hop today is about an artists' "business acumen" than their "music" and I'm just making it clear that Nas is NO sheep in that area. Nas for 20 years has ALWAYS put his his art 1st and will continue to do so.

But to answer your question the music news will be released very soon. He is working with some producers that his TRUE fans will be pleased with (just keep in mind Nas has evolved & seeks to experience different sounds musically). The music is gonna be fukkING FIRE! He will be venturing into other avenues of entertainment as well that will truly display his creativity.

Last edited:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Ziggiy I'm not sure if you are already aware of this but Nas will be releasing a very important documentary titled "Time Is ILLMATIC" in correlation with ILLMATC's 20 year anniversary in 2014 produced by TriBeCa Film Institute.
http://www.timeisillmatic.com/illmatic/#ONE

Nas will also be apart of Harvard University Professor Gates's upcoming PBS series episode "Finding Your Roots."

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Houseshoes (Detroit DJ/producer) recently said on twitter that based on who he knows is working on Nas' album, it's gonna be dope. Can't find the tweet now but it was a few days ago, during a somewhat anti-Nas rant. He was complaining about the production on Nas albums when he noted the next should be dope because of who is on the boards.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
no more heavy d to give beats to salaam for nas to rock to :to: