Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Houseshoes (Detroit DJ/producer) recently said on twitter that based on who he knows is working on Nas' album, it's gonna be dope. Can't find the tweet now but it was a few days ago, during a somewhat anti-Nas rant. He was complaining about the production on Nas albums when he noted the next should be dope because of who is on the boards.
You're speaking about this guy:

He was truly on a rant that day but whatever he heard from his "unnamed" source is on point but they don't know all the facts because he has a lot to look forward to...the album is SPECIAL!

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@life
You're speaking about this guy:

He was truly on a rant that day but whatever he heard from his "unnamed" source is on point but they don't know all the facts because he has a lot to look forward to...the album is SPECIAL!

I remember in a Hennessy interview one of the people he said he wanted to work with is Adele. Do you see that as a possibility? I know that would be a hit record for sure. Also that record with Frank Ocean and the Swiss song that was left off life is good?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree with Shoes on Nas picking bad beats tho. I was listening to God's Son a few days ago and Zone Out came on...who gave that shyt a green light?

Nas works really well when he has an exec producer or someone guiding him. Serch on Illmatic, Steve Stoute on IWW, etc. I hope he moves away from ehh 90s style beats. If you're gonna do those beats...there are so many dope producers to go to. Confidence, Statik, 9th, etc...all do it well enough not to sound meh.

give me T-Minus, Justice League, DJ Dahi (he did Money Trees), Havoc, Q-Tip, etc.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with Shoes on Nas picking bad beats tho. I was listening to God's Son a few days ago and Zone Out came on...who gave that shyt a green light?

Nas works really well when he has an exec producer or someone guiding him. Serch on Illmatic, Steve Stoute on IWW, etc. I hope he moves away from ehh 90s style beats. If you're gonna do those beats...there are so many dope producers to go to. Confidence, Statik, 9th, etc...all do it well enough not to sound meh.

give me T-Minus, Justice League, DJ Dahi (he did Money Trees), Havoc, Q-Tip, etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but IMO this claim about Nas' beat selection has become so cliche and over exaggerated that it sounds more like a tired joke that comedians just continue to reuse when they become to lazy to research/try anything different. Hip hop artists and fans at times are the same. But fortunately, Nas does his research and is willing to use production to suit each song he writes...his vision is very clear. Nas is aware of the complaints but he is the one in full control of his art & that's what makes him Nas.

Kid-Wave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but IMO this claim about Nas' beat selection has become so cliche and over exaggerated that it sounds more like a tired joke that comedians just continue to reuse when they become to lazy to research/try anything different. Hip hop artists and fans at times are the same. But fortunately, Nas does his research and is willing to use production to suit each song he writes...his vision is very clear. Nas is aware of the complaints but he is the one in full control of his art & that's what makes him Nas.

This, Nas has been aware of this criticism for ages...yet he continues to do what he wants and he turns out great music lol...so hey, I respect him more as an artist, he is the GOAT regardless

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adele music :snooze:

Salaam said he has more unreleased songs with Amy in an interview last year, look at this fake ass insider. Don't believe his lies.
Young man...Nas does not have any official unreleased material with Amy Winehouse. No need to be fake when I speak facts. Any song that's collaborated with Nas & Amy will not be pre-recorded it will be post. The two songs that are released almost never happened... FACT

By the way Adele's music may put you to sleep but it is energy for millions check the platinum plaques.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
any talk of Nas bad beat selection is now null and void unless your bringing up shyt from last decade

the beats on Life Is Good were fantastic

Ronald

Daps
Young man...Nas does not have any official unreleased material with Amy Winehouse. No need to be fake when I speak facts. Any song that's collaborated with Nas & Amy will not be pre-recorded it will be post. The two songs that are released almost never happened... FACT

By the way Adele's music may put you to sleep but it is energy for millions check the platinum plaques.

Salaam said it :manny:

millions of soccer moms bought that Adele album

blac_da_rappa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
O City
nas-40th-birthday-melanie-fiona-the-jasmine-brand-595x558.jpg

who dat ?