Official Nas Thread

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Anyone else feel like Life Is Good is over-rated? I see people saying this is one of his best albums ever, but I feel like I'd rank a bunch of his other albums ahead of this. I feel like it's missing the more "street" sound (especially in the beats) that I'm used to hearing from him.

I also feel like HHID is somewhat underrated. Money Over Bullshyt, You Can't Kill me, Carry On Tradition, Where Are They Now, Hip Hop is Dead, and Blunt Ashes are all great songs imo. Unfortunately most of the other songs are fairly average at best (I can certainly see someone throwing another one into a greater category though), although they're not bad by any means. That album started off strong, then kind of fades out towads the middle-end.

I see where you're coming from but lig isn't overrated. It's around his 6th or 7th best album. But he has the goat discography. We can't penalizes him for having the most classics in history. His middle of the pack albums is better than most artists best albums. It seems as if he gets penalized for having too many classics. People want to put a limit on how many classics an artist have and downplay subsequent albums that are worthy of that status because they already reached that quota. But this is NaS we're talking about:myman: Not only did he past that quota but guess what? He will continue to pass up the allotted number of classics an artists is allowed to have with many more to come:ahh:

Prae

Pro
Daps
I see where you're coming from but lig isn't overrated. It's around his 6th or 7th best album. But he has the goat discography. We can't penalizes him for having the most classics in history. His middle of the pack albums is better than most artists best albums. It seems as if he gets penalized for having too many classics. People want to put a limit on how many classics an artist have and downplay subsequent albums that are worthy of that status because they already reached that quota. But this is NaS we're talking about:myman: Not only did he past that quota but guess what? He will continue to pass up the allotted number of classics an artists is allowed to have with many more to come:ahh:

I agree, but I've seen people rank it around the 3rd or 4th best (even as high as #2), and I'm just like "huh?"

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I agree, but I've seen people rank it around the 3rd or 4th best (even as high as #2), and I'm just like "huh?"

I'm one of those people.

1-Illmatic
2-It was written
3/4 - Untitled or Life is Good....I listen to both these albums waaaay more than God's Son. GS just has like a depressing vibe to it. It's a good album though,

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I'm one of those people.

1-Illmatic
2-It was written
3/4 - Untitled or Life is Good....I listen to both these albums waaaay more than God's Son. GS just has like a depressing vibe to it. It's a good album though,

GS is a rap blues album. I love that song Dance about his mama but I can't listen to it.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
GS is a rap blues album. I love that song Dance about his mama but I can't listen to it.

Yeah..."Dear Mama" and "All that I got is you" are great songs about their mothers...but that Dance is pretty hard to listen to knowing that he made that song when she had just passed away. You can hear it Nas' voice. The hook adds to the sadness too.

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
:russ: at NaS just now finding out about Miley Cyrus and saying God bless her,whoever she is:dead:I guess Destiny never watched that corny Disney show:skip:

And TMZ already spreading NaS and Mariah Carey rumors:wtb:

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
Life Is good is a fukkn flawless album besides summer on smash which was dope for what it was

10/10 we are blesssed to be getting that quality music at this point in Nas career

seen what other rappers put out this many albums in ? If you wanted more out of LiG your expectations are ridiculous this album is complete top to bottom and easily a modern classic...to say its overrated I gotta question whether you even listened to the album

the ONLY reason LiG might not be a top 5 Nas album is because his catalog is so large and great

even the bonus tracks were amazing

:wow:

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Life Is Good is definitely one of Nas' best albums. It's everything his previous three solos aren't. Life Is Good is Nas consistently rappin' with energy and passion, there's storytelling and raw lyricism, and some nice production. It was free of poorly executed concepts and just featured Nas at what he does best. It's his 5th best album.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
1186141_621503731226243_223740860_n.jpg

554108_620315501345066_622106074_n.jpg

1005495_620663231310293_2123605052_n.jpg

1236633_620836364626313_1377000557_n.jpg

1185764_620891364620813_1075530181_n.jpg

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
40th Birthday With A Custom Timepiece

Queens rapper Nas celebrated his 40th birthday in style. The music icon traveled from New York to Las Vegas and celebrated his birthday with some family, close friends, and some of the industry’s finest. Last week, the Hennessy brand hosted a party in Nas’ honor. At this party he was presented with a custom Hublot timepiece.
Hublot is one of the timepiece greats so anything they create is special. The watch is a custom Fusion Ultra-Thin King Gold timepiece. The watch is a simple one-of-a-kind design that reflects Nas’ style almost perfectly. On the caseback, Hublot engraved “Happy Birthday Nas” on the back to make it a really personal piece. Nas has released eight platinum and multi-platinum albums since 1994 and has sold over 25 million records worldwide. This timepiece was definitely for a king.
nas-classic-fusion-ultra-thin-king-gold-custom-watch-1.jpg