Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
POLO from DEF JAM @polo_nyc
I predict that Nas will win his first Grammy this weekend. He deserve it, hip hop album of the year #LifeIsGood
11:33am - 5 Feb 13

Last edited by a moderator:

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I was extra parched for this album. Beat Street was selling cd before the release date...So i go and buy a copy, throw the cd on thinking I'm about :cook: real good with this, especially having it before my friends...so I plays it...Stillmatic intro comes on and i'm on some :bow:...:whew:...than next was "Ether" (mind you, I avoided listening to it on a mixtape or radio, wanted to hear it for the first time entirely from the athem)...I hear gun shots. now i'm like :ooh: ...then "...Jay-Z" ...then "...Jay-Z" again..i'm now :confused:....then I listen to it and am like :wtf:, I know there's some goddamn cursing on this song..play the next song, and still no curses...at this point I went from :cook: to :beli: ...these bums had the edited version on sale with the advisory sticker for thirsty dudes like me who couldn't wait to purchase it on the release date...so i bought it back to the store and they ended up exchanging it the day of the release. Then I was all is well in the world again.

I tell people alllllll the time that this was my favorite hip hop moment.. I purposely didnt listen to the leak. ONLY time Ive ever done that. And when I put this shyt in and heard the intro.. I sat there and just:noah::obama:

Damn this is EXACTLY how I lived it, minus the edited version. But I remember being on the StillmaticAve forum back then and dudes were going crazy when ether dropped. It was probably the first time u could use the expression 'the Internet is going nuts'.. Man, I managed to not listen to it. Copped the album The first day. Came back home, alone, tore the plastic, read the credits quickly and then woooowww at that Stillmatic intro beat..... shyt, I stopped the music, closed the shutters, put the headphones on so I could focus on the lyrics.... That intro blew my mind like I had never heard music before... Dude was flowing non stop... My end and my new beginning....holy shyt

Then ether... I was literally laughing out loud all by myself at the crib...

Rest is history...

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Truth be told, even tho I rank Lost Tapes as my favorite rap CD ever, that first listen of Stillmaticis pprobably my greatest musical experience ever..
Intro
Ether
You're da man
Rewind
Second childhood
One mic
What goes around
Every ghetto

No one has touched that level of lyrically genius on one album besides Nas himself..

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
I Know This Sounds Like Some Lame Ass, Typical Elitist, Old Head shyt To Say But "Hope" Off "Hip Hop Is Dead" Is The Rawest, Truest Form Of Explaining Growing Up Into Hip Hop And What It Means.

That's NY In Its Essence

Klos2God

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No ones fukkin with Nas when he's on this ish here...:wow:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZt-b0"]YouTube[/ame]

So many more.....

:whew::ohlawd:

*AP

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you have this mp3? I've never heard this one. Lost verse from the Street Dreams remix?
I'm pretty sure it was recorded well before the Street Dreams remix, not sure exactly when though (maybe even Illmatic era)

I do have an mp3 but the quality on that is not near as good as that vinyl rip on youtube, I suggest just ripping that youtube video

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I'm pretty sure it was recorded well before the Street Dreams remix, not sure exactly when though (maybe even Illmatic era)

I do have an mp3 but the quality on that is not near as good as that vinyl rip on youtube, I suggest just ripping that youtube video

Good looks. Anyone know a good youtube to mp3 conversion site? The one I used to use was taken down by youtube I think.

I need that Lost Tapes 2. Hopefully if he takes some grammy's home that will increase the chances of it seeing a release date.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Good looks. Anyone know a good youtube to mp3 conversion site? The one I used to use was taken down by youtube I think.

I need that Lost Tapes 2. Hopefully if he takes some grammy's home that will increase the chances of it seeing a release date.

http://www.ixconverter.net/

I been using this site for a minute now, I even been putting youtube vids on my iPod using this site...if you want to do that just click on mp4.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
I was just looking through my It Was Written album booklet and found out that "JoJo" from K-Ci & JoJo is the breh who's singing the hook on "Black Girl Lost" after all these years :ohhh: :mindblown: