Official Nas Thread

Hudes

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else thought that 'Black Bond' was too short? I wish it was developed into a full song with a chorus and perhaps an extra verse.

Apparently he did some songs with AZ that didn't make the final cut. Is there anywhere I can listen to those songs?

This song was cut from Stillmatic:

AZ "Serious" feat Nas - YouTube

Cut of streets disciple

The flyest was on stillmatic

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I hope his next album has a collab with LL, its amazing that Nas and LL never made a song after all these years :mindblown:

LL was at the release party of the Untitled album so they do know each other, I wonder why it never happened :leostare:

Black Roses

Rookie
Daps
Nikki Flores' voice is ridiculous (Roses) :ohlawd: :wow: I always liked the fact that he had "lesser known" singers on his albums. :salute: (They usually kill the feature too.)

Tre Williams on Let There Be Light comes to mind. :ohlawd: :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I hope his next album has a collab with LL, its amazing that Nas and LL never made a song after all these years :mindblown:

LL was at the release party of the Untitled album so they do know each other, I wonder why it never happened :leostare:

LL and Nas (musically) don't really have the same lane. Not to say they COULDN'T make a dope collab just that its not that farfetched that they haven't.

LL has given Nas props on multiple occasions though

"Nas. I love Nas; I respect Nas. He's from Queens and I love him, but Nas is like a new cat to me. You know what I'm saying? It's incredible to me, but I respect him as a legend and I respect him as a man"

LL Cool J Calls 50 "Inspiring", talks Jay, Nas | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Nikki Flores' voice is ridiculous (Roses) :ohlawd: :wow: I always liked the fact that he had "lesser known" singers on his albums. :salute: (They usually kill the feature too.)

Tre Williams on Let There Be Light comes to mind. :ohlawd: :wow:

He also gives a those "lesser known" singers a verse on their albums.

Can think of three lesser known singers where there songs had a Nas feature.

I googled Nikki Flores and :krs: and I didn't except her to look like that. Reminds me of when I first saw the video for the Rick Alsey song "Never gonna give you up" :dwillhuh:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I remember reading that the African branch of the Distant Relatives tour was supposed to kick off next month, but I hadn't heard Nas say anything about it. I decided to look it up and sounds like a scam, this from a Ghanaian news site :beli:

After previously publishing tour dates for the “Damian Marley-Nas Africa Tour”, I have received tons of feedback regarding the veracity of the tour, ticket details among other issues from Nas and Damian Marley fans in Ghana and the rest of Africa.

In spite of the massive anticipation, it appears that there is no real confirmation as to whether the concerts will come off or not. Since the Ghana concerts were advertised for March 2013, fans in Ghana are still hopeful that the show could still happen. But fans in South Africa are anxious as their dates were advertised as February 1 and 2, and as at January 15 there are no details on tickets etc.

Damian Marley and Nas were expected to perform in South Africa, Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Ghana. According to some industry people, the intended tour dates were published so that promoters in the various countries would take it up, but it appears there wasn’t sufficient interest to make the concerts a reality in those countries.

Damian Marley-Nas released their joint album, “Distant Relatives” in 2010. The album “Distant Relatives” currently rates as one of the highest selling Reggae album on the international market which has sold over 5 million copies.
African fans anxious about Nas and Damian Marley concerts – Amaghana.com

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I remember reading that the African branch of the Distant Relatives tour was supposed to kick off next month, but I hadn't heard Nas say anything about it. I decided to look it up and sounds like a scam, this from a Ghanaian news site :beli:

Nas gotta quit dealing with these janky promoters promising African folks that he's coming.

I have a friend who is Ghanaian and he went back home and started his own promotions business and he tells me all the time that in his industry it is hard getting folks to sort out the logistics and he sees why other promoters flak out. That's just his perspective, it would be unfair to cast that on everyone but I do wonder if its a struggle to promise things and not follow up on them for a variety of reasons like when the fee becomes too high after they think a verbal agreement or whatever gives them the green light to announce stuff.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas added to the Governer's Ball Festival at Randall's Island in NYC for June

The Governors Ball NYC Music Festival | Gov Ball NYC | June 7, 8 & 9, 2013 | Randall's Island, NYC

Also Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Freddie Gibbs, Miguel, Erykah Badu, Azeila Banks and Gary Clark Jr

Plus big time CaC artist like Kings of Leon, The XX, Feist. The Vaccines, Lumineers etc.

Might be worth some of you on the east coast to peep if you wanna go see Esco, Yeezy and Kendrick , Badu on the same day.